Back to Job Search
PHP Full Stack Software Engineer
- Location: Timişoara
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 2 months ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 June 2023
- Job Ref: J8662
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality! Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow. Are you ready for the challenge?
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers – from the Hospitality sector to the Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit or Construction plus many more. We’re passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more. In Romania, we are proud to have more than 350 tech and software business specialists working in Timisoara and around the country and we are not stopping here.
This position is for a PHP Full Stack Software Engineer to be part of an existing team. You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled software engineer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high-quality solutions to given timelines and are comfortable in an Agile Scrum environment, where colleagues often work in different locations and with small time zone differences. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions, and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Where required, provide technical leadership, guidance, and direction to other members of the development team
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high-quality software focused on delivering team results through your contribution.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and understand the scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approaches.
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
- Identify, compartmentalize, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
- Be able to analyze, identify and fix the root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Understand, identify, and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards, and definition of done.
- Help ensure the agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release, and project management.
- Champion a quality focused approach including good planning; branching, environment, and codebase management; promoting/participating in the early discovery of defects; code reviews and unit testing where appropriate. Ensure the appropriate logging and monitoring mechanisms are in place, and effective.
- Report to Team Lead and Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Creation of technical documentation where required.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded PHP Full Stack Software Engineer, your Skills, and experiences likely include:
- Will be an accomplished PHP software engineer building high-quality software predominantly using Linux-based middle-tier and back-end technologies, built using the
- Laravel framework and connecting to a MySQL database. You will also be familiar with using
- Will have good knowledge of a SPA Framework such as React.
- Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable, and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
- Will demonstrate the ability to contribute and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritizing according to risk and changes in the delivery schedule.
- Will display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making to achieve project deliverables.
- Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- Will have a good understanding of source code management best practices (using Git), and the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Will have the ability and motivation to test your work and that of others to ensure we maintain and also improve our high-quality standards.
Technologies & Tools:
• PHP (Laravel framework)
• Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
• Git-based Source Control
• Aggregation pipelines
• CSS pre/post-processors (Sass, etc)
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
• Tools such as Gitlab
• Automated Testing Frameworks & Tools (PHPUnit, Cypress)
• Linux server administration
• OAuth2 / SAML
• APM Frameworks – e.g. NewRelic
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access, we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life, and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d sti ll love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for. We love the fact that we’re all diff erent. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.