Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You will work in a newly formed team, focused and passionate on evolving our employee platforms. You’ll be the expert in what and how to support and deliver global payroll solutions collaborating with our Payroll colleagues. You’ll be brilliant at updating and provide stake holders with the timelines, options and implications to find the best solution. You will be able to communicate the technical aspects in an easy to understand way, and discuss the technical language associated with other colleagues when needed. You’ll also be able to communicate and work with 3rd party suppliers to escalate issues and complete periodic service reviews.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Review immediate and long term payroll requirements and prioritise your work on a daily and on-going basis.
• Continuously assess the current payroll landscape, identifying opportunities to automate and/or reduce manual effort.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and ensure successful implementations.
• Pro-actively support the global payroll teams at critical times including payruns and year end.
• Implement and thoroughly test requirements and change delivery against agreed timelines, ensuring key stakeholders are updated throughout.
• Prioritize opportunities to improve design and implement changes with a future-proof mindset, balancing short-term fixes when necessary.
• Ensure the secure and sensitive handling of employee data throughout processes, adhering to data protection regulations.
• Monitor changes, further opportunities to improve, troubleshoot issues, and optimize workflows to enhance efficiency and pay data accuracy.
• Balance day-to-day operations (BAU) and project demands, effectively prioritizing tasks within a collaborative team environment.
• Collaborate with colleagues on data quality issues, promptly addressing challenges.
• Network with fellow HR and Payroll experts across and outside the organization to continuously grow and develop skills and knowledge.
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
• Train and support end-users to ensure smooth adoption.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
• Proven experience working with HR and payroll systems.
• General understanding of payroll rules and requirements.
• Strong understanding of data protection practices.
• Experience of HR and Payroll transformational change would be an advantage.
• Excellent understanding of Payroll testing, attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good presentation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to juggle and prioritise multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
• Drive and desire to learn and grow both technical and personal skills and capability.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back?
Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.