- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 16 December 2020
- Job Ref: J2595
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You should be keen to learn and proactively develop your skillset, and enthusiastically engage and collaborate with your team-mates. You are eager to take ownership of individual tasks and follow through to completion, and can easily adapt to changing priorities and overcome challenges.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engage with the other development, product and customer support teams, to understand issues and requirements, and promote the best path to resolution.
- Implement solutions that perform well, adheres to best-practise coding standards, and takes advantage of up-to-date Oracle functionality.
- Enhance our existing knowledge bases, automated testing, diagnostic tooling and application software to improve product quality and stability.
- When required, participate in other development projects, to expand your experience and skillset.
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Degree with relevance e.g. Computer Science.
- 2 years + experience in payroll systems, preferably People XD / CoreHR payroll.
- Oracle PL/SQL knowledge.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, log analysis, etc.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain