- Sector: Software Support
- Expiry Date: 06 January 2024
- Job Ref: J10373
Payment Processing Consultant
*Hybrid – Farnborough office 3 days
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
The primary responsibility of the Payment Processing team is to manage and execute all key payment processes within the Access PaySuite division. This includes all Bacs related tasks such as the import of daily reports, file submissions to Bacs, Service User Number (SUN) setups, as well as AUDDIS testing and conversions. Additional responsibilities include Direct Debit Indemnity Claim (DDIC) challenges, Mail Fulfilment and operating our Cheque service. Payment Processing also offer support throughout all teams within the division to ensure successful customer setup and account management on the DDCMS portal.
As a Payment Processing Consultant, you will enjoy being part of a busy, friendly and collaborative team. Passionate to learn, you will be motivated to deliver a seamless payment processing experience to our customers whilst delivering consistent Customer Service excellence. We aim for continual improvement which you can contribute to by having a keen interest in learning new skills and improving existing processes. You will be responsive, have good attention to detail and enjoy working with, and cooperating with, other teams in our division such as Sales, Onboarding and Customer Support.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for key reports and alerts, flagging this to relevant departments such as risk and finance
- Prepare payment and AUDDIS files and complete Bacs submissions on behalf of thousands of accounts ensuring complete data integrity and on-time submissions
- Process Bacs Return Reports to ensure systems are up-to-date with payment and payer details
- Configure and test new Service User Numbers to enable systems to process Direct Debit payments
- Investigate and resolve any file submission errors
- Act in key capacity to handle Bacs related file submission referrals
- Work with finance and support to ensure manual payments via Banking Portal have occurred
- Mail fulfilment process for all customers
- Management reporting of key KPI, e.g. volume, transactions etc including submissions to Bacs and Banks on volume
- Cheque processing service
- Customer reporting
- Bank reconciliation, working with finance teams and risk
- Liaise with our banking partners and suppliers where necessary
- Promptly answer any customer queries by phone, email or helpdesk
- Work closely with other departments within the Payments division including Sales, Customer Support, Risk, Technical Operations, and Onboarding
- Administer Bulk Changes and migrations to, and from, Access PaySuite
- Work on migration projects to enable customers to move across to Access PaySuite
- Contribute ideas on how we can improve and identify risk
- Understand the Payment Processing strategy and supporting the team leader with its delivery
- Ensure working instructions are kept up-to-date
- Provide an exceptional Customer Experience at all times
- Take responsibility for developing your own product knowledge
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel / Outlook
- Highly organised and able to prioritise daily workloads whilst working efficiently and accurately
- Ability to analyse and move quickly to resolve customer challenges, engaging all of the appropriate resources and influencing appropriately to achieve goals and resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies
- Being numerate and comfortable with spreadsheets and manipulating data.
- Having a strong attention to detail and being exceptional at double checking work to ensure accuracy
- Salesforce experience (preferred but not essential)
- PayGate experience (preferred but not essential)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.