- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 14 November 2020
- Job Ref: J2520
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the role:
This is a key role in driving the business towards achieving its long term objectives and requires a commercially focused individual, who can work effectively across the business to deliver a transformation of our order-to-cash activities, streamline our underlying business processes, and adopt a commercially focused approach to our billing and renewals activity.
This will require a detailed understanding of group and functional key performance metrics and the gravitas to influence people from across the business to ensure those objectives are achieved. This is a high profile role, working directly with Board level executives on a day to day basis, reporting to the Group CFO.
You are an ambitious, motivated leader who can balance finance knowledge, and a strong grounding in process excellence, with a broader, commercial outlook necessary to support business growth and key initiatives. Key attributes will include:
• Business Process understanding
• Commercial awareness
Day-to-day, you will:
• Oversee key finance functions including credit control, sales billing and pricing/renewals
• Manage end-to-end order-to-cash process to drive best practice, streamline operations, and develop scalable business processes to support continued organic and inorganic growth
• Manage, coach and support a team of ~35 people….
• Deconstruct existing process and re-engineer business processes with a focus on improving billing accuracy, reducing credit notes, lower churn and improved customer experiences
• Work closely with divisional leaders to optimize pricing strategies and support growth initiatives
• Engage with Customer Support and T-9 process to ensure we effectively manage renewals process, and maximize client retention
• Optimize cash collection performance, delivering consistently best-in-class days sales outstanding metrics
• Manage sales ledger and billing team, currently producing > 175,000 invoices annually
• Develop, maintain and support key company-wide policies such as Commercial Policy
• Instrumental leader and contributor in order-to-cash systems transformation project currently underway
• Integral part of the senior Finance leadership management team
• Ad hoc duties
As a well-rounded Finance leader, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Experienced, well-seasoned, hands-on, qualified accountant who enjoys taking responsibility for all financial operations and developing them as appropriate. Strong attention to detail accompanied by a desire to run a highly effective, well-controlled and efficient operation. Relishes working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a very successful private-equity backed business.
• Strong experience track record in corporate environment or with leading accounting firm
• People leadership – experience in managing and developing teams
• Experience with post completion integration of acquired software businesses
• Experience of change management and embedding operational change in an organization
• Strong presentation skills with experience of presenting at Board level,
• Operational management experience to introduce best practice, KPI and similar
• Robust understanding of finance business systems and data management issues
• Strong communication skills to work closely with Group Finance team and across divisional/functional organization
• Detailed operational understanding of the software industry, both SaaS and on-premise, including those factors that influence sales cycles and customer churn.
• Ability to bridge operational process into systems to bring the two together
• Strong and passionate character, unquestioned integrity and plenty of self drive and energy
• Gravitas to work across the business with non-finance professionals and influence business outcomes
• Flexibility – to work with UK based teams in Stratford St Mary, Harpenden and Loughborough and to travel around the business as required
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!