- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 17 November 2021
- Job Ref: J4289
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will play a key role in ensuring our global datacentres run smoothly and our Software as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, Backup as a Service and Disaster Recovery as a Service platforms maintain the highest levels of availability.
Working closely with Senior Systems Engineers, you will be exposed to hands on, platform and hypervisor implementation, management and troubleshooting together associated systems support.
You will need to apply your knowledge of compute, hypervisor, storage, backup and replication solutions to ensure best practice configuration, performance and security.
This is an ideal role for someone who has thirst for knowledge, a curious mind and loves technology, it also carries a strong need for service and SLA orientated thinking with a customer first mentality.
Driven by technology Access is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures; thereafter you'll be based in the most appropriate office location.
- Proactively handle technical incidents, problems, service requests, change requests and their resolutions via tickets and calls in our ITIL compliant ITSM solutions.
- Perform datacentre monitoring and ongoing support. The scope includes compute, storage, hypervisor systems, platform networking, backup and replication software that assure our services and the Windows and Linux infrastructure management servers that control them.
- Deploy system patches and upgrades based on vender supported matrices and recommendations, continually looking to optimise these business-as-usual processes.
- Improve platform visibility and availability by ensuring systems, services and thresholds are correctly monitored and any alerted issue is resolved swiftly and correctly.
- Work closely with the Systems Engineers to ensure the platforms remain optimised and performant, you will conduct log analysis and follow audit trails to understand root causes of issues and implement improvements.
- Innovate recommendations for operational efficiencies and working practices including automation.
- Carry out technical and operations standards and procedures, maintain and update technical documentation.
In addition to this you will:
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively on different projects
- Have the ability to drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
- Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing technology landscape
- Be available out of hours to assist in priority 1 security incidents if they occur
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere 6.5 or higher, and a goal to work towards VCP certification if not already certified
- Knowledge of enterprise level servers and associated hardware technology (skills in Cisco blade compute technologies is advantageous)
- Skills and experience in working with datacentre systems monitoring and alerting systems
- Understanding of virtual environment backup systems
- Understanding SAN administration (particularly NetApp/EqualLogic)
- Good understanding of network and firewall principles
- Load balancer awareness and/or experience
- Good Windows and/or Linux Server systems administration skills
- Familiarity with good practice monitoring and patching activities
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work to agreed service levels and support targets
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.