- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 17 February 2023
- Job Ref: J8175
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more. You will be part of an integral part of a growing and professional marketing team that is highly regarded across the company. We have a robust people development program that is based on clear measures of success through regular objective setting for each and every role coupled with personal development and training programs.
Responsibilities of the Management Accountant
- Own key month end processes and ensure that they are delivered on time
- Managing accruals, prepayments and provisions across the group, ensuring appropriate visibility of obligations and cross-check of different processes (i.e. P.O and Invoice received but not processed accruals).
- Review and sign off Balance sheet reconciliations and ensuring unreconciled balances have a suitable course of remediation action.
- Review and approve journals at month end
- Ensure the timely and accurate recharge of costs between entities/departments in line with the intercompany agreement/policy
- Review of exceptional costs in line with policy and reclassing where appropriate
- Partner with the business to ensure the timely provision of information
- Provide support to the Senior Financial Accountant and carry out any other ad hoc tasks as required
- Assist in the consolidation of the group accounts including working with colleagues in other regions (EMEA,APAC and Americas)
- Working with colleagues in the acquisition accounting team to ensure that newly acquired subsidiaries and hived entities are accounted for correctly.
- Preparation of UK VAT return and reconciliation
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required
- Live and breathe the culture of continuous improvement and actively engage with transformation & change initiatives
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification or equivalent with 0-3 PQE
- You must be a self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and operate effectively in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- You will have a proactive approach, inquisitive by nature with a strong eye for detail
- Credible and professional behavior
- Advanced user of MS Office 365 applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to work in a dynamic environment
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.