- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 13 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6062
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail. Is skilled in installing one or more items of hardware and software.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Responsible for ensuring The Access Groups Server estate is kept up to date with latest security patching
- Knowledge of Patching tools for Windows/Linux (VSA/Labtech would be beneficial)
- Providing Management Information Reports
- Maintain multiple Operating Systems including Windows and Linux
- Perform Upgrades where applicable
- Work on assigned Service Requests and Incidents within the documented SLA’s
- Work within an ITIL framework to reduce customer impacting Incidents
- Review workload to drive efficiency, move processes and technology towards automation and self-service
- Management of other Team members
- Managing an enterprise sized VMWare estate
- Experience of Active Directory management
- Capability to produce/amend scripts
As a well-rounded Infrastructure Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Must be self-motivated and passionate about service delivery to a high standard.
- Ability to learn new and varied skills within the Access Group support environment.
- Ability to coach other members of staff and impart knowledge in an effective manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and within given timescales.
- To work within a team environment.
- Be able to work outside core working hours when required to apply important updates
- Be on call in rotation to handle in priority 1 incidents if they occur