Level 3 IS Engineer
- Location: Kuala Lumpur
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted about 1 month ago
- Sector: Professional Services
- Expiry Date: 28 May 2023
- Job Ref: J8834
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Technical Operations CHS APAC, you will play a key role in supporting, maintaining and improving the infrastructure services we deliver to our internal and external customers around the globe.
The L3 Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for ensuring our services remains available, secure, cost effective whilst performing to design. This role is required to administer, support, maintain our global infrastructure working autonomously and collaboratively with our local and global team members.
As an experience Infrastructure Engineer you will provide mentoring and leadership to the junior team members. You will need to apply your knowledge of compute, hypervisor, storage, backup and replication solutions to ensure best practice configuration, performance and security is maintained. You will take the lead during high pressure customer affecting incidents to quickly restore service or determine effective work arounds and communicating to stakeholders.
This is an ideal role for someone who has a solid foundation in Information Technology, a thirst for knowledge, a curious mind and a desire to do more with their skills. This role also carries a strong need for service and SLA orientated thinking with a customer first mentality, and cultural sensitivity.
Driven by technology Access is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures; thereafter you'll be based in the most appropriate office location.
- Effectively manage your assigned tickets, with timely and clear updates whilst assisting with the ticket allocation. Look for reoccurring incidents to address the problem at the root cause
- Take personal accountability for our products so that they remain available, secure, reliable and provide an excellent customer experience
- Manage high pressure incident scenarios, taking the lead, balancing technical resolution with timely service restoration together with stakeholder communications
- Prepare incident reports with the view to find the root cause and determine the permanent corrective actions.
- Improve the out of hours customer experience by working on critical incidents when required
- Proactively use technology and knowledge to improve ours services and simplify the customer experience, mitigate risk, improve usability, reduce running cost and to impact our goals/SLAs
- Closely co-ordinate with Product Engineering, Architecture, Security and DevOps teams to ensure that designs, standards and quality can be delivered to improve the customer experience
- Research and build knowledge of new & generally available services, new ways to use technologies and changing business processes to gain efficiencies and improve customer experience including automation
- Create technical and operations standards and procedures, maintain and update technical documentation. Lead by example by following process and actively improving documentation and streamlining process.
- Assist in ISO 27001 and other compliance certification audits
In addition to this you will:
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring to the Infrastructure Operations team
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively with your team
- Have the ability to resolve issues, look for the root cause and proactively enacting permanent corrective actions
- Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing technology landscape
Skills and Experience:
- Technical Leadership skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Deep experience with Public Cloud such as Azure or AWS
- Proven technical experience in Hybrid-Cloud and hybrid-virtualisation platforms.
- Select, implement and utilise tools to monitor, manage and resolve majority of issues at the first instance.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
- Complex WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
- Strong IP/Networking skills (good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
- Excellent understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives).
- Cisco blade compute technologies is advantageous
- vSAN and SAN experience (preferably Netapp)
- MCSA / MCSE 2012 or newer / VCP in VMware 5, 6 or 7 essential.
- Citrix and Virtualisation (including technologies such as Netscaler, Remote Desktop solutions, VMWare or Microsoft hypervisors).
- Ability to analyse network traffic (using tools such as Wireshark)
- Hands on experience with MS SQL Server and Azure SQL.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record in ability to work to agreed targets and SLAs
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.