- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 13 July 2022
- Job Ref: J6028
L3 Cyber Security Engineer
Opportunity to join a leading provider of hosted and SaaS software as a motivated Level 3 Cyber Security Engineer.
Access has achieved huge growth in its cloud solutions and has exciting targets for the future. Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become the UK top Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We're passionate about helping our customers remain secure staying one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Working within the dedicated Security team, you will be reporting to the Security Director within the Cloud Hosting Services Division and responsible for ensuring the maintenance, development and constant improvement of our security tooling stack. You will have extensive knowledge of tools used to identify and vulnerabilities and be positioned to become our expert in our SOAR service, defining and building relevant scripts to our security management automation capabilities. As a part of the greater SOC service also be working with our SIEM and XDR products and will be involved in refinement and enhancement of services in this space.
The role will also be involved in the enhancement of our security services to ensure we continue to provide the correct security to Access and our customers.
Driven by technology Access is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures.
Senior Security Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Research, evaluate, design and recommend new use cases and deliver solutions that deliver automation and positive benefits to the security teams.
- Ensure our Vulnerability Management tool operates correctly at all times, providing reporting and escalation to key stakeholders where critical issues are identified.
- Ensure that Vulnerability reporting is appropriate and provided to owners, with escalation of issues to Senior Management as required.
- Improve our toolset to monitor the entire infrastructure and react to threats as they occur in real time.
- Drive Incident and Service Request ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution through improved automation.
- Engage with other teams within CHS to identify other automation opportunities.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to direct automation strategies
- Work within our ISO27001 compliant policy, process and records management framework
In addition to this you will:
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively on different projects
- Always drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
- Be the subject matter expert for technical issues relating to the security of our environment
- Accurately determine your own and the teams’ relative priorities and be commercially aware
- Enjoy learning and embrace the ever changing threat landscape
- Have excellent documentation and records management skills
- Be available out of hours to assist in priority 1 security incidents if they occur
Your technical background should include:
- Previous working experience as security engineer for 3+ years
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management and SOAR systems.
- Expertise in a broad array of systems and network security technical controls and processes such as: Active Directory, Anti-malware protection, Vulnerability Scanners, intrusion detection/prevention, system hardening, network segmentation, intrusion Detection, intrusion prevention, DDOS mitigation, threat intelligence, forensic analysis etc
- Good Knowledge of VMWare in large private cloud environments
- Deep understanding of windows operating systems
- Security certifications in relevant areas
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include flexible benefits options