- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 06 March 2024
- Job Ref: J10953
Join the Access Family and see how we create digital learning that makes a real difference!
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love digital learning and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
Our Learning Content team is made up of talented content creators from a range of disciplines. We are all passionate about creating high value learning experiences. We use best practice in learning design and content development to create impactful digital learning products which solve our client’s problems. We are an innovative and energetic team who love collaborating and pushing the boundaries of learning.
About the role:
Working in a multi-disciplinary squad, led by a Learning Lead, you will write content for learning resources including infographics, eLearning, animations and videos (including writing scripts for actors). You will research and work with Subject Matters Experts to write content which is clear, concise and compelling and adheres to best practice guidelines. You may also go on to develop this content (in software such as Rise or Storyline), but this is not essential.
You are a passionate learning designer who cares about designing and developing engaging and impactful learning experiences. You are not scared to take technically detailed content and transform it in to easy-to-understand concepts. You are a team player, who enjoys both working collaboratively and owning your piece of the puzzle. You are curious about the digital learning landscape and are constantly thinking about how you can innovate our products. You have strong attention to detail and always strive to deliver high quality and engaging content.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work collaboratively within your squad to design engaging learning resources
- Work collaboratively with your team lead and product manager to ensure that learning solutions are innovative and meet the market need
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to develop the learning objectives and proposed content
- Research the subject matter to become adequately informed on the topic
- Use plain English to script engaging content with a strong narrative structure
- Apply best practice learning design and multimedia principles to all resources
- Review scripts and final content and provide clear feedback to ensure high quality standards
- Project manage content delivery across various parts of the process
- Manage stakeholders and create strong positive relationships
- Work within best practice guidelines and peer review other team members’ work
- Advocate good learning design both internally and externally
Your skills and experiences are likely to include:
- Experience designing and script writing digital learning solutions for a range of formats e.g. eLearning, podcasts, videos, infographics etc
- An ability to edit and or develop online learning materials in software such as Rise or Storyline
- Collaborating with other content creators such as graphic designers, content developers, multimedia producers and product managers
- A desire to understand the market, its nuances and what makes it tick
- An understanding of learning design principles and a keen interest in ever-changing learning and technical trends
- Strong QA skills and attention to detail
- Troubleshooting content issues and ensuring solutions are implemented
- Taking a high level of ownership and managing your workload effectively
- Being highly creative and innovative
- Being up to date with current accessibility standards
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get: