- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 02 October 2021
- Job Ref: J4287
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
Working within the dedicated Security team, you will be autonomous and responsible for deploying, monitoring and supporting security products to ensure that the entire IT operation including physical devices, networking, hypervisors, virtual machines and underlying applications, are all secure. You will have knowledge of tools used to both protect as well as attempt intrusion to our environments. This position will suit an individual who already has experience of a Cyber Security role and is keen on taking on a senior position.
Driven by technology Access is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures; thereafter you'll be based in the most appropriate office location.
- Perform as a critical second and third line engineer part of the global Security Operations Centre
- Provide technical team leadership of the regional Cyber Security Engineers
- Research, evaluate, design and recommend new technologies and tools to improve both our reactive and proactive security posture
- Act as an escalation point for the L2 Cyber engineers
- Improve our toolset to monitor the entire infrastructure and react to threats as they occur in real time
- Drive Incident and Service Request ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution
- Engage with Access software development and support teams
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to direct automation strategies
- Work within our ISO27001 compliant policy, process and records management framework
In addition to this you will:
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively on different projects
- Always drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
- Be the subject matter expert for technical issues relating to the security of our environment
- Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing threat landscape
- Accurately determine your own and the team’s relative priorities and be commercially aware
- Have excellent documentation and records management skills
- Be available out of hours to assist in priority 1 security incidents if they occur
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience, preferably as a senior security engineer for 3+ years
- Expertise in a broad array of systems and network security technical controls and processes such as: Active Directory, anti-malware protection, vulnerability scanners, intrusion detection/prevention, system hardening, network segmentation, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, DDOS mitigation, threat intelligence, forensic analysis, etc.
- Proven skills in vmware technology and large public/private cloud environments
- Deep understanding of Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- Strong communication skills
- Security certifications in relevant areas
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.