- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: J4872
Level 2 Infrastructure Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail. Is skilled in installing one or more items of hardware and software.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide out of hours, on-call support, normally 1 week in four or five
- Occasionally work unsociable hours (evening/night, weekends, bank holidays)
- Work effectively with teams in other geographic areas, particularly UK etc.
- Help direct and educate/build skills in less experienced staff
- Be flexible
- Complete any other duties as assigned by an authorised supervisor
- Providing technical support and resolving issues on the phone with the clients where possible.
- Provide regular communication to customers concerning the status of incidents.
- Maintain ownership of incidents ensuring status updates and resolution according to KPI's.
- Proactively manage all individual and team assigned incidents and new requests.
- Monitoring and progressing incidents and requests received through all contact channels.
- Working with supplier support contacts to resolve complex technical issues.
- Troubleshooting operating System, Hardware & Application issues on any desktop device.
- Resolving technical issues, updating Status/Workaround/Resolution within our Service Desk system.
- Acting as a technical escalation point for Technical Support Analysts to progress tickets throughout their life cycle.
As a well-rounded Infrastructure Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Five years of PC technology experience, including Windows OS and MS Office (W7 or newer)
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience supporting, maintaining and configuring distributed environment of Desktop Devices
- Strong networking knowledge and experience (LAN & WAN)
- Experience with DSL Techologies (FTTC, ADSL)
- Experience configuring & maintaining network devices (Routers, Firewalls & Switches)
- Experience of working to an ITIL Framework
- Experience of Mobile Devices and Technologies
- Experience of supporting and maintaining Windows Server Environments (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience of supporting Citrix Environments and deployments
- Experience of working with Office 365 Environments
- HyperVisor Knowledge (VMware)