- Sector: Software Support
- Expiry Date: 06 August 2022
- Job Ref: J6741
Junior Technical Consultant
**Please note that this role can be based remotely anywhere in the UK**
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. It helps more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Its innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business.
The purpose of this role is to ensure key aspects of the implementation project are delivered, by yourself, to a high standard, in the timescale agreed with the customer. As well as delivering technical aspects of the project e.g., installing and deploying a software solution, you will be comfortable communicating with the customer directly and providing guidance on processes and procedures.
You are expected to have excellent time management skills and will be comfortable working with multiple customers on multiple projects in each week. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable working on tasks independently whilst identifying and raising any risks or concerns in a timely manner, to ensure a smooth project delivery.
Working as part of the wider LG team you will be comfortable working with several internal stakeholders (Projects, Hosting, Development, Integration and DevOps) to ensure that everyone has all the relevant technical information required to successfully deliver large complex projects.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Responsible for implementing software on customer environments in a controlled and repeatable manner, following an existing process or creating a new process where required.
- Good working knowledge of the Servelec Local Government product suite, such as but not limited to Mosaic, Synergy, Core +, Conexes and other integration areas.
- Can identify technical risks and issues within a project, ensure that these are escalated appropriately. Can identify strategies to manage and mitigate risks effectively.
- Ensure project task timescales are realistic and ensure delivery to these agreed timescales. Ensure that tasks are prioritised and managed effectively. If any concerns are identified regarding timescales, ensure these are escalated and communicated appropriately.
- Act as a point of contact for customers technical queries. If you do not know the answer, you will know who to speak to within the business to get the answer
Skills and Experience:
- Superb technical problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Possess a strong skillset in MS SQL Server, including but not limited to; handwriting SQL queries, troubleshooting SQL performance issues, manipulating, and understanding data and backing up and restoring databases.
- Have a good understanding of web-based technologies, networking, and server-side architecture.
- Have a good working knowledge of tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark.
- Skilled in reviewing and analysing log files to resolve issues.
- Confident working with SSL/TLS certificates and VPNs
- Excellent time management and prioritisation, comfortable multi-tasking
- Excellent communication skills
- As understanding of customer needs and drivers to allow you to successfully manage customer relationships.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.