Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• Working on Access Payroll, a UK-based payroll software solution for small to medium sized companies
• Debugging of web pages in the major browsers
• Not essential, but desirable to have knowledge of: Entity Framework / oData / LINQ / RESTful APIs / WCF Services / PowerShell / Redis / Azure App Services & Functions. Also, knowledge of Jenkins & Octopus Continuous Integration & Deployment
• Knowledge of UK payroll a bonus
• Develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies, provided that the solution was agreed with a more senior developer role.
• Requirements review and grooming to identify and prevent potential defects
• Debugging: Analyse, identifies and fixes root cause of defects in the familiar area of an application
• Work with the project specific branching strategy, committing, merging and dealing with conflicts
• Deploy to environments using predefined build and deployment pipes, and use project specific development tools
• Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
• Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date.
• You can communicate well with team members, and can clearly communicate progress, and potential risks to progress, as early as possible to the Dev Lead and scrum team.
• You can actively participate in requirements' reviews and grooming
• You can read existing code, make guided changes to it and debug it
• You can write code that is easy to read, to understand and DRY; able to refactor small sections of code with guidance without introducing bugs; able to write unit tests for pure functions.
• You can follow source control procedure, trigger deployments and use project specific dev tooling.
• You understand some basic principles of QA.
• You understand basic sprint ceremonies within a sprint.
• You can apply generic programming best practices, e.g., SOLID design principle, ensure quality of the written code through unit testing.
• You are keen to learn and proactively seek to develop your skills. You are enthusiastic, collaborative, take ownership of tasks and can adapt to changing priorities.
As a well-rounded Junior Developer, you will have:
• A keen interest in learning Software Development skills.
• Worked on some education-related or personal projects which demonstrate the application of theory and patterns.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain