Back to job search
What are we all about?
Access has achieved huge growth in its cloud solutions and has exciting targets for the future. Our core value of Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Working within the dedicated Security team, you will be autonomous and responsible for deploying and supporting security products to ensure that the entire IT operation from physical devices, networking, hypervisor, virtual machines and underlying applications are all secure. You will understand tools used to both protect as well as attempt intrusion to our environments. This position will suit an individual who has limited experience of a Cyber Security role and is keen on building a career. Driven by technology Access can offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures; thereafter you'll be based in either our Bournemouth or Harpenden office.
Junior Cyber Security Engineer duties and responsibilities
• Implement new technologies and tools to improve both our reactive and proactive security posture
• Work within our toolset to monitor the entire infrastructure and make recommendations for improvements
• Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies
• Dynamically reacting to threats as they occur
• Work collaboratively with Access software development and support teams
• Documenting new systems and changes
• Work within our ISO27001 compliant policy, process and records management framework
• Incident and problem ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution
In addition to this you will:
• Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively on different projects
• Can drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
• Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing threat landscape
• Be available out of hours to assist in priority 1 security incidents if they occure
Your technical background should include:
• You have a technical background with exposure to security, network or cloud infrastructure administration
• Working knowledge of various security technologies such as: Active Directory, Anti-malware protection, Vulnerability Scanners, intrusion detection/prevention, system hardening
• Thorough understanding of Windows server operating systems
• Strong communication skills
• Security certifications in relevant areas is an advantage
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
14 days ago