- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 08 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3771
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a skilled and enthusiastic engineer, who wants to take leadership of an engineering team working on a variety of products and technologies using a range of frameworks, modern techniques, patterns, and practises.
You take pride in your work and the work of your team, delivering quality software that will make a difference to our customers.
You have the desire to work with a team of engineers to build user experiences that never cease to amaze your users!
You want to lead a team, ensuring continual training and growth of the team as engineers. Continual training, upskilling, and growth are as important as prior experience.
You want an opportunity to improve your skills and support others in the same, continually training and growing as an engineer and people leader. Continual training, upskilling, and growth are as important as prior experience.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead an agile (Scrum) team, collaborating with product owners, other squad leads, and development manager, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results.
- Support and mentor team members in their duties, training, and personal growth
- Setting and reviewing goals for team members
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and direction to members of the development team
- Write elegant, efficient, and testable code that is easy to maintain and debug
- Develop new components and web applications
- Debug, troubleshoot & maintain existing web applications and strive to make them better
- Identifying performance issues and bugs, and providing solutions to these problems
- Participating in code reviews and sprint ceremonies
- Support and mentor junior team members in their duties and training
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit, component, and integration testing practices; , both in writing and spoken communications
Skills and Experience:
- Self-motivated and keen to learn new technologies.
- Has extensive experience with React in building dynamic Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Strong personality and communication skills in making sure that your ideas are heard and understood
- Strong understanding of popular software testing patterns and experience with TDD and BDD
- Have a good understanding in NodeJS runtime and REST APIs.
- Having experience with Typescript & GraphQL APIs is a plus!
- Knowledge in HTML & CSS and some pre-processors (i.e. SCSS)
- Have worked with SQL databases before, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Comfortable working with cloud hosted infrastructure in a devops environment
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure is a plus
- Some experience with serverless applications (AWS Lambda) is a plus.
- Previous team leadership experience preferred but not essential.
- Ruby on Rails knowledge is a plus.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.