- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 06 January 2024
- Job Ref: J10273
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
Reporting to the Cloud Engineering Infrastructure Team Leader, you will play a key role in supporting, maintaining and improving the infrastructure services we deliver to our internal and external customers around the globe. The Infrastructure Engineer L2 is responsible for ensuring our services remains available, secure, cost effective whilst performing to design. This role is required to administer, support, maintain our global infrastructure working autonomously and collaboratively with our local and global team members. You will need to apply your knowledge of operating systems and virtualisation technologies to ensure best practice configuration, performance and security is maintained. You will need to be able to work under pressure during customer affecting incidents to quickly restore service or determine effective work arounds. This is an ideal role for someone who has a solid foundation in Information Technology, a thirst for knowledge, a curious mind and a desire to do more with their skills. This role also carries a strong need for service and SLA orientated thinking with a customer first mentality, and cultural sensitivity. Driven by technology Access is able to offer a remote interview and onboarding process as well as work from home during the current social distancing measures; thereafter you'll be based in the most appropriate office location
* Take personal accountability for our products so that they remain available, secure, reliable and provide an excellent customer experience.
* Working with application support teams to troubleshoot/resolve issues.
* Ensure monitoring is in place and functioning across the environment.
* Perform upgrades and patches where applicable.
* Effectively manage your assigned tickets with timely and clear updates
* Participate in high pressure incident scenarios, balancing technical resolution with timely service restoration.
* Carry out technical and operations standards and procedures, maintain and update technical documentation.
* Communicate with key stakeholders on planned changes.
In addition to this you will:
* Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively with your team.
* Have the ability to resolve issues, looking for the root cause and proactively enacting permanent corrective actions.
* Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing technology landscape.
Skills and Experience:
* Troubleshooting and problem solving.
* Utilise all tools available to resolve majority of issues at the first instance.
* Ability to quickly learn new products.
* Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
* Provide Remote Desktop Services/Citrix installation and support.
* MCSA / MCSE 2012 or newer / VCP in VMware v6 or v7 highly regarded.
* Citrix and Virtualisation (including technologies such as Netscaler, Remote Desktop solutions, VMWare or Microsoft hypervisors).
* Provide SSL certificate management.
* Restoring VM’s/databases from backups as required.
* Ability to analyse network traffic (using tools such as Wireshark).
* Hands on experience with MS SQL Server and Azure SQL highly regarded.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Proven track record in ability to work to agreed targets and SLAs.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.