- Sector: Hosting & Infrastructure
- Expiry Date: 13 March 2024
- Job Ref: J10263
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow. We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
In the main, our roles are remote / working from home, with occasional travel to an Access office, supplier / partner or customer site. Some roles are site-based and if this applies to this role, this will be discussed with you during the hiring process.
This role will be based in our APAC region and will work on projects residing in Malaysia (particularly Kula Lumpur), Australia and New Zealand. The role will need to liaise with UKIE colleagues and partners also.
Core hours are Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 6.00pm local time (excluding lunch break). Occasionally, we will ask staff to stagger their working pattern (small adjustments, e.g. 8.00am to 4.30pm), to provide coverage for colleagues or to accommodate interaction with international colleagues. We are a global organisation and operate a follow-the-sun service model and therefore we do not require our staff to work out of hours as part of normal practice.
About the role:
As a Hyperscale Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, deploying, and managing large-scale, highly available, and scalable infrastructure solutions. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to architect and implement cutting-edge technologies that support the organization's growth and drive innovation.
• Infrastructure Design and Architecture: Design and architect hyperscale infrastructure solutions, including compute, storage, and networking components.
• Deployment and Configuration: Lead the deployment and configuration of hyperscale infrastructure solutions, collaborating with internal teams and external vendors.
• Performance Optimization: Analyze system performance and identify opportunities for optimization. Tune and fine-tune infrastructure components to maximize performance, scalability,
• Capacity Planning: Conduct capacity planning exercises to ensure that the infrastructure can support current and future business needs.
• Security and Compliance: Implement security measures and best practices to protect hyperscale infrastructure from potential threats.
Skills and Experience:
• 5 years of relevant experience would be an ideal fit for this role.
• Proven experience in designing, deploying, and managing large-scale hyperscale infrastructure solutions.
• Strong knowledge of hyperscale technologies, including virtualization, containerization, software-defined networking, and distributed storage systems.
• Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure (mainly), Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
• Proficiency in infrastructure automation and orchestration tools, such as Terraform.
• Strong understanding of networking principles, protocols, and technologies.
• Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues and implement effective solutions.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.