- Sector: Human Resources
- Expiry Date: 18 December 2020
- Job Ref: J2512
HR Adviser – Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
** PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT **
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
A strong team player who is passionate about supporting change through the hearts and minds of people leaders across M&A. Your role will help drive improvements through the team. You will have a passion for getting things right first time and quick to form solid relationships with new businesses and their teams. You are a proactive change agent; continuously reviewing how we can learn from our experiences; making things better, every day.
You will be experienced in a diverse range of employee relations case management, always looking at driving high performance through leaders and employees. Involvement in projects and delivering to timelines is key and you will work closely with the M&A HR Partner, providing meticulous reporting to drive the people agenda within the business. No day is a dull day; Travel to provide face to face support to leaders and employees is essential and will be a major part of the role.
Success will be contributing to the overall M&A People team and assisting with achieving the overall objectives relating to business acquisition. You will report to the M&A HR Business Partner and work closely with your colleagues within the M&A team.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Provide support, management and guidance to leaders on all aspects of ER; performance management, absence, grievance and disciplinary, by way of phone where possible
• Support the new business build a talent picture for their team and champion talent throughout the integration.
• Champion the monthly engagement questionnaire and lead the launch, review and support for the business to continuously improve engagement and drive high performance.
• Be the custodian of the transition of benefits from the newly acquired business to Access.
• Work with the M&A HR Partner and others within the HR team, to build and consistently deliver educational and practical workshops to leaders, supporting the overall on boarding of acquired businesses.
• Be responsible for providing detailed analysis, collating, trending and reporting on management information; working closely with the M&A HR partner
• Act as a trusted adviser to leaders and provide general guidance and support
• Create and continually review key processes and practices, ensuring accurate documentation
• Be part of the M&A team projects, working alongside the M&A HR Business Partner
• Actively give and seek feedback to continually improve, understand input from others is helpful and leads to better outcomes
As a well-rounded HR professional, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Currently working at a HR Adviser level with experience of working within a fast-paced environment (ideally technology)
• An understanding of TUPE and the necessities for on boarding businesses into a wider organisation
• A full driving licence and ability to travel is essential
• Hands on ER experience across all aspects of HR
• A true generalist, you're happy juggling multiple priorities; you use your intuition to know what’s important and what can wait
• Comfortable with a common-sense HR culture; you’ll know when to use your judgement instead of a policy
• A commitment to self-development and lifelong learning
• Prepared to go outside of your comfort zone and be ready to fail fast, it’s the best way to grow
• Strong and passionate character, plenty of self-drive and energy
• Proactive and results driven approach with a high level of attention to detail
• You’re resilient and comfortable with transparency, ambiguity and change
• Excellent IT skills and specifically MS Office
• Fun-loving team player – it’s at the heart of our culture!
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
An opportunity to work within a business that is as passionate about acquiring great businesses and working with them to join the Access family as it is about growing internally. Experience in this space will help add to your development and give breadth to your knowledge.