Head of Product - Public Sector (Payments)
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
The Head of Product of Payments Public Sector will coordinate product management and act as product manager for key new products. They will be responsible for overall coordination of product activities for Public sector payments products and integration with the wider Access Group products to ensure a cohesive, strategically focussed approach. They will be a member of the Payments Product and Engineering team working closely with the wider Access Engineering team ensuring synergy and alignment.
The role will be a varied in content and individuals will be required to think and plan strategically as well as execute tactically, be flexible, multi skilled and undertake everything from stakeholder management to strategic product planning. To succeed in this role they must relish working with passion at pace.
- Leading the Public Sector Product Management team including roles such as Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Launch Manager and Business analysts.
- Lead as Product Manager for Public sector payments, managing all required artifacts including business case, market positioning, competitor analysis and product roadmap.
- Review product status, and initiate product status monitoring and alignment planning to move products into a cohesive position in the overall Access portfolio.
- Collaborating with key stakeholders and all other departments and divisions to communicate activity.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Participating and presenting at User Groups, roadshows, events and other forums and broadly acting as primary product evangelist for Public sector payments.
Your experience may include:
- Strong knowledge of payments industry and payments rails including Gateway, card acquiring, schemes and compliance. Preferential but non essential knowledge of Open Banking payments and BAC’s.
- Experience of managing multi-channel payment products including preferential knowledge of e-commerce, Point of Sale, MOTO and self service telephony payments.
- Preferential experience in managing products which interact with payments e.g., e-commerce, Finance Management, Ledger or Reconciliation products.
- Experience in building products from group up.
- Experience in managing mature product portfolios.
- Non essential understanding of the Public sector space and delivering products to this market.
- Strong programme/project management skills and experience of change management.
- Be agile and perform effectively in multi-tasking fast-paced environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills, with ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-managing and working virtually (with some requirement for in person meetings/events).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent team player who can work with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams.
- Capacity to manage high stress situations.
- Experience of or demonstrable understanding of complex business to business operational processes.
- Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to manage and motivate other team members.
- Experience managing the strategy, roadmap and go-to- market development of SaaS solutions is strong plus.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and running big strategic projects with challenging or short deadlines.
- Proven professional experience in the technology industry.
- Proven experience in Product roles including product launch.
- Proven experience leading product teams and multiple stakeholders within multi-division and matrixed structures.
- Experience in payments.
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain