- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 07 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8438
Head of Product Marketing - Software Division
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
The Head of Product Marketing will lead the identification and execution of key product and marketing initiatives that will grow one of the Access business units. You will craft compelling messaging and positioning for our strategic products and launch new solutions. In conjunction with the Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams you will conceive and develop innovative marketing collateral and sales tools for product positioning, sales enablement, and product launch strategies based upon best in class value proposition creation. This will support the demand generation efforts of the Marketing team and improve the effectiveness of the Sales process to ensure sales success.
In addition owning the process of the customer journey mapping to ensure the full Access experience supports both new business generation, multi-product sales and repeat purchasing. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into compelling customer benefits are crucial. In your role championing Product Marketing you will be an expert in our target audience, their buying behaviour and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
The role will be a varied in content and individuals will be required to think and plan strategically as well as execute tactically, be flexible and multi skilled and undertake everything from stakeholder management, strategic product planning, campaign management to turning round web copy in 15 minutes. To succeed in this role you must relish working with passion at pace.
- Ensure your portfolio of existing and new products achieve their divisional targets through innovative and well executed product marketing initiatives
- Identify cross sell opportunities for your products within other markets and produce business cases and plans to execute appropriate product marketing initiatives
- Develop product propositions, positioning and messaging for customers and prospects which create impact competitive advantage for our products in their market
- Sales enablement deliver the value proposition of the products to the sales teams and develop collateral and sales tools that support the selling process of our strategic products improving our conversion rates
- Marketing campaigns deliver the right knowledge and assets to marketing colleagues that enable them to create and execute appropriate and powerful lead generation campaigns including relevant thought leadership materials
- Strategic go to market planning work with your divisional management team and the colleagues in product to design the optimum go to market approach for each new product
- Product launch coordinate the planning of new product launches and releases, manage the cross-functional readiness of the business to handle the new product and deliver and execute the product marketing aspects of the launch including all sales enablement and coordination with marketing
- Champion the voice of the customer and the central product proposition in all planning and execution forums to ensure our product marketing remains relevant and compelling, together with understanding and driving how we achieve competitive advantage in our chosen markets
- Ensure the product launches achieve their launch KPIs
- Orchestrate and communicate the optimum customer journey for each new product and assess opportunities to refine the customer experience for existing core products
- Market intelligence be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on our competition and how to win against them; be the expert on communicating this information to key stakeholders internally
- Customer Advocacy develop customer success stories and collateral and information together with the marketing and sales teams to help increase the velocity of leads through the sales pipeline and ensure a high win rate
- Proven software product marketing experience, product management or presales experience, preferably in b2b software products
- Experience of or demonstrable understanding of complex business to business operational processes
- Have demonstrable and excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and translate technical information into business benefits
- Clear track record and understanding of solution-based marketing communications and product marketing.
- Experienced and highly skilled public speaker with exceptional, oral and written communication skills, including demonstrable skill at selling a vision and a way of working to sales teams
- Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to manage and motivate other team members
- Experience managing the strategy, roadmap and go-to- market development of SaaS solutions is strong plus
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers and cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Ability to motivate senior management, and convince them of the value of specific product marketing initiatives and justify the investment and direction needed
- A team player but has the ability to lead a cross functional team, particularly under time and resource pressure
- Open to new ideas and continual improvement, but also experienced at negotiating the best way forward within a culture still learning how best to use product marketing to its best advantage
- Comfortable managing multiple projects with tight deadlines and running big strategic projects with challenging or short deadlines
- Demonstrated experience of designing and executing strong product propositions
- Demonstrated experience of designing and implementing successful product launch and lead generation campaigns using a wide variety of media and mediums
- Inbound marketing experience
- Naturally energetic and passionate about your products
- Adaptable and flexible and thrive in an agile and dynamic environment with strong project management skills
- Demonstrable ability to balance high quality strategic thinking, coordination of a cross functional team, resolving issues and blockages while at the same time delivering and executing product marketing tasks
- Education: Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
- Proven professional experience in the software technology industry
- Proven experience in marketing and product marketing roles, and or product management
- Proven experience leading project teams and multiple stakeholders within multi-division and matrixed structures
- Domain expertise with business application software, cloud computing / SaaS business solutions
We are looking for a senior marketer with:
- Strong reputation as a thought leader, awareness of technology trends and external influencers
- A passion for the benefits of great product marketing
- Strategic thinking and the confidence and drive to self-determine their focus and how they invest their time
- High degree of product marketing technical expertise and business acumen with a demonstrable track record of execution and the ability to take teams and stakeholders on a robust and appropriate product marketing journey for each initiative
- Experience leading product marketing initiatives in a multi-divisional business environment
- Ability to set clear and deliverable goals. Demonstrate tenacity, commitment to deliver and be accountable for results
- The ability to motivate and capable of instilling excitement and inspiring others
- Strong ability to influence and work collaboratively with people at all levels and within various functions
- Effective communicator, ability to convey vision with impact and judge where detail is required
- The ability to create confidence in product marketing amongst the sales and stakeholder teams
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.