- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 10 December 2023
- Job Ref: J10670
Head of Informatics
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You should have experience of data and informatics roles in either the health care or social care fields.
You will be highly analytical, with excellent verbal and written communications skills. You should have experience of data presentation and analysis tools such as Tableau, Qlik, or PowerBI.
You should have an ethical and quality approach to data and processes, and embody the Access behaviors (Curious, Resilient, Cares, Flexible, Accountable & Commercial).
You will be a self starter, with evidence of successful delivery of programmes and driven to succeed.
You should be familiar with information governance and data protection issues as well as confidentiality, consent and safeguarding issues.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Define the data, workflows and processes support the Informatics elements of the Integrated care approach that Access is bringing to the HSC product set, and the common data platform.
- Develop metrics and gather and analyze system, patient and provider data.
- Measure the impact and assess usage to drive continuous improvement.
- Contribute to the educating and training end users.
- Manage systems and discussions between end users and software developers.
- Act as data and safeguarding guardian in collaboration with the Risk and Clinical safety team.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Familiarity with HL7 and FHIR, Clinical coding, NHS data dictionary, Drug formularies, and clinical ontologies such as SNOMED and Dm+d.
- Familiarity with open source tools such as OpenEHR and OHDSI’s OMOP Common Data Model and associated applications would be an advantage.
- You should also be familiar with IoT data from sensors and wearable health devices. Video data from telemedicine consultations and data associated with patient portals and consumer health care apps.
- Understanding of key healthcare data such as Pharmacy (electronic prescription services, medications dispensing and administration), Pathology (test ordering, LIMS and results reporting), and Radiology (RIS and PACS data including Dicom standards).
- You should be aware of the major legislation in health and social care reporting, including the Health and Care Act 2022.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.