Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
We now have a very exciting opportunity in our ERP Division. Access is organised on a divisional basis, where each division typically targets a particular industry vertical and has its own MD and leadership team representing functions such as Engineering, Product Management, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Services. Within the ERP division there is 3 sub-divisions - Financials, Construction and Supply Chain. As Head of Engineering for Supply Chain, you will lead a global engineering team of 100+ engineers to deliver on our vision and growth strategy.
• Part of the Divisional Product Development Leadership Team, responsible for the management of the software development & delivery for the Supply Chain business, contributing to the achievement of growth and client satisfaction targets. Taking a holistic view to support Corporate as well as Divisional objectives.
• Define and communicate a compelling vision and strategy to the engineering teams, ensuring a progressive, reliable, and efficient production capability, aligned to the divisional roadmaps and commercial goals.
• Shape & manage the delivery of solutions for the Supply Chain sub-division, formulating pragmatic technical strategies, robust processes, credible & reliable forecasts, team development/progression and operational excellence within the engineering teams. You will form a close working relationship with the Head of Supply Chain to enable their commercial goals.
• Use in-depth understanding and appreciation of agile software development best practices, customer problems, collaboration through virtualised/distributed teams and the competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions & approaches.
• Supply Chain is a very paced business. The business has seen significant growth since Covid and e-commerce explosion. A large part of the role is to ensure resiliency and scaling is built into the culture.
• Significant contribution to increasing the profitability of the divisional portfolio by developing innovative new products and maximising the efficacy of the wider divisional Development team(s). Accountability towards divisional P&L.
• Work with Product Management and the other Heads of Engineering to understand the company portfolio, contribute to the overall product strategy, integration, and cross sell opportunities.
• Sponsor all functional development projects within the Supply Chain division
• Responsible for the management, development, progression, and operational capability of various divisional engineering teams, including training, appraisals, employee engagement, discipline, recruitment, retention & attrition.
• Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the Divisional Engineering teams to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s needs.
• May work with the Chief Technology Officer or senior managers on acquisition opportunities for the Division, including analysis of technical landscape, production processes, technical due diligence, and post-acquisition integration to agreed set goals.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
• You demonstrate excellent leadership, motivation, and team development skills, able to cross boundaries and collaboratively drive excellence through positive change. Your cohesive leadership ensures development teams are aligned across the department
• You are an excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
• You have experience of leading global teams and establishing near shore development centres.
• You can think creatively and exploit best practice, emerging technologies and fast-paced innovation.
• You can adapt to a changing business and marketplace, demonstrable ability to takes a holistic view to support Corporate as well as departmental strategic objectives and underwrites production excellence through KPIs and best practice across the group.
• You are pragmatic, objective, resilient, transferrable, balanced, and able to navigate and manage divisional contention to the benefit of the group.
• Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle and delivery, and able to deliver complex projects across multiple workstreams to time, budget and quality
• Commercial experience and a sound understanding of agile software development practices in a scaled production environment.
• The ability to adapt to a changing business and marketplace.
• Demonstrable ability to drive operational excellence and efficiency across multiple teams and locations, promoting best practice standards and approaches, effecting change where appropriate to achieve results.
• Collaboration and influence at Senior Management level to achieve best results for division and department.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.