- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 03 December 2021
- Job Ref: J4733
Group Finance Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 55,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the role:
We are on a journey to build the best-in-class group finance function to support the rapid growth of the Group and you will play a critical role in its success. The Group is rapidly growing both organically and through a significant number of acquisitions.
If you are a person who thrives in a fast-paced organisation, hands on and with the ability to deliver high quality outputs under changing landscape, you will thrive in this role. You need to have an inquisitive mind and hunger to constantly improve process and outputs. This role requires a natural leader where the team can learn from and aspire to. This role will have regular interaction with the executive leadership.
- Manage the delivery of monthly consolidation and group reporting, including responsibility for the preparation of the supporting information and analysis.
- Monthly group cash flow reporting and prepare relevant commentary for the group management accounts.
- Improve current processes and outputs to establish a best-in-class finance team.
- Drive improvements and changes in systems to aid more efficient and effective Group finance team.
- Provide technical expertise, being able to understand, explain and calculate and influence key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparation of the year-end consolidation, Group and subsidiary statutory accounts and dormant accounts.
- Manage the year end audit for the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Acquisition accounting including working with external advisers and work closely with the M&A integrations team.
- Opportunity to manage international teams.
Skills and Experiences likely include:
- ACA/ACCA Qualified Accountant
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Credibility to advise on key business issues and be a key point of contact for accounting and control issues across the group.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to provide accurate and timely solutions to Executive level management and adapt processes to pre-empt senior management requirements.
- Ability to work with external auditors and advisors understanding their needs and requests and providing clear concise and accurate information
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and identify any issues
- Enthusiastic attitude and a desire to improve and constantly identify better ways of working
- Ability to use own initiative to develop their own way of working and identify ways to improve things
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.