- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: J5145
Group Finance Analyst
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives
us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their
industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 30,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Overview of the role:
This is a key role in driving the business towards achieving its long term objectives and requires a commercially focused individual, who can work effectively at a senior management level, with both finance and non-finance stakeholders. This will require a detailed understanding of key performance metrics, financial understanding, a forward looking mindset and the gravitas to influence people from across the business. This is a high profile role, working directly with Board level executives, reporting to the Commercial Finance Director.
You are an ambitious, motivated finance partner, with a strong grounding in financial analysis and metrics, with a broader, commercial outlook necessary to support business growth and key initiatives.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the key business drivers and how these translate in to business performance.
- Own the preparation of reporting to both the Access Board, Investors and Lenders. This will involve developing KPI's and metrics to understand financial performance, utilising divisional insight from the divisional finance business partners.
- Preparation of analysis, business cases, scenario planning and strategic insight to enable better decision be a sounding board and trusted advisor to the business.
- A focus on forward looking insight, advising the Exec on how to maximise financial performance. This will involve working with both divisional finance business partners and functional business partners, supporting them on the preparation and presentation of financial insight to support decision making.
- Preparation of detailed financial models (in Excel) to support the business and M&A opportunities.
- Expectation that you will present these and be able to narrate the underlying drivers of the model.
As a well-rounded Finance person, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Experienced, hands-on, qualified accountant who enjoys both the detail but also the ability to stand back and articulate the so what'. Relishes working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment within a very successful private-equity backed business.
- Results oriented with a desire to drive strategic and commercial outcomes
- Highly numerate with ability to draw meaningful conclusions and drive actions from financial
- Logical, with a strong drive to understand commercial drivers of the business
- Strong interpersonal skills ability to form and leverage relationships
- Good at solving problems, innovative and an inquisitive mind
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work well under time pressure, in a fast paced, matrix
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal; that can challenge effectively
- Strong excel or financial modelling skills
- Can show empathy whilst maintaining Professional Integrity
- Confidence in offering your insight and ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Can operate effectively in a virtual team environment across multiple locations
- Have a great attitude, be proactive and resilient
- Professional accountancy qualification