- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 02 January 2021
- Job Ref: J2621
Being a little crazy about software and technology would be a real advantage - we are! As a team that pushes boundaries, we are looking for candidates that can learn quickly and want to make a difference.
You will work in one of our product development teams getting involved in various tasks within the process including application development, testing and documentation. This will include extending the product to accommodate new requirements of varying size, bug fixing of previous development, integration with adjacent systems and provision of technical support and documentation to our implementation teams.
- Part of a high performing cross-functional team delivering a variety of applications.
- Work with Product, UX, Developers and QA to solve problems faced by our customers every day.
- Get to use the latest DevOps tooling to accelerate delivery of your solutions to market – these tools help us achieve things such as observability, feature flagging, static code analysis.
- Be involved in every aspect of design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Help to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Hone your problem-solving skills, by Analysing, identifying and fixing root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Actively work in a quality focussed approach, showing ownership for QA activities.
- Enhance your skillset and knowledge by testing own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Graduate Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- 2:1 or above, in any computing, mathematical, engineering, or other scientific discipline
- Passion for software and technology
- Technical background including experience of database development, ideally Oracle.
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Commercial experience gained either via employment or a University placement (preferable)
What does Access offer you?
- Personal Career Success Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (33) – buy/sell scheme (+/- 5 days), holiday accrual with continuous service
- The Access Group Big Break – our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
- And much more!