- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 24 September 2021
- Job Ref: J3272
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Procure Wizard is a growing software as a service (SAAS) provider, developing global market leading applications to help businesses in the hospitality sector manage their operations. With this growth, an opportunity has arisen for a developer.
You will also be involved in continuously improving the product. This will include helping in the team with the DevOps journey we are embarking upon, this journey will take us to the gold standard of DevOps, and a leader within the organisation.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures development standards are established, known and followed within agile team
- Actively participate in requirements analysis: highlight omissions and gaps; pro-actively contribute to discussions; and understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Contribution towards effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches
- Ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- C# and .NET Framework 4.8.
- Microsoft ASP.NET Core and WebAPI.
- HTML, CSS.
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Profiling.
- Software Design patterns.
- Git version control.
- Experience developing performant, scalable SaaS web-based systems.
- Understanding agile software development principles and practices.
- Understanding technical issues and considerations and provide constructive feedback to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Excellent documentation skills, attention to detail and an ability to communicate detailed technical issues to stakeholders and to the internal business/project team.
- Unit testing frameworks.
- Experience using JIRA or similar software packages for managing work.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
7 Card Sport Allowance
Become part of our amazing Access family!