- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 01 October 2023
- Job Ref: J10085
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
independence. The platform consists of the Assure Home Hub, Mobile App and Dashboard with advanced reporting and analytics capability. The Frontend Engineer will be responsible for driving the design and development of the Assure Dashboard.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design, develop and iteratively release quality driven software solutions following Agile methologies to meet agreed requirements and acceptance criteria using a range of languages and technologies.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named and easy to read. Ensuring development starndards are established, known and followed within an agile team.
- Actively contribute to requirement discussions and analysis, whilst taking responsibility for understanding the scope, risk and complexity of changes, and where appropriate, provide feedback to the requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Analyse, identify and fix the root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and effective management of risks and product security.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for quality activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- Helps to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Actively working with the team to take ownership in the complete life cycle of product development, from refinement to release.
As a well-rounded Junior Frontend Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience in using distributed source control Git
- Deep understanding of web application architectures
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDMS) or NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
- Good understand of CI/DI concepts and experience using automation for built and deployment.
- Experience using RESTfull API’s and GraphQL to query and alter data via API’s
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!