- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 27 March 2023
- Job Ref: J8355
Finance Operations Manager, NZ
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As the Finance Operations Manager for NZ, you’ll be responsible for the finance operations function across NZ and you’ll support the NZ team in the preparation of monthly P&L for the ERP business unit managed out of NZ.
One of your key deliverables will be to ensure that the local entity is compliant in its monthly reporting cycles, annual reporting and tax compliance. In this role, you will also manage the local finance Operations team, ensuring key objectives are met. You’ll report into and work with the Finance Operations Manager, Australia, on planning and management of the key deliverables.
You will build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders in this role.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage, hire & support the NZ based finance ops team.
- Working with the local team, action the monthly financials close for the NZ entity, including billing, payables, and general ledger journals.
- Manage payroll manager covering monthly and ad hoc payroll.
- Preparation of P&L and Balance Sheet Analysis for the NZ entity and a consolidated P&L for ERP SaaS business – to include both NZ & UK.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and any variations corrected in a timely manner.
- Ensure processes locally are aligned to UK accounting policy and procedures, particularly for revenue and expense recognition.
- Ensure all assets are appropriately capitalised and depreciated in line with accounting policy.
- Preparation of annual audited financial statements for NZ entity.
- Work with local and overseas external auditors on annual audits
- Work with external tax agents in preparation of annual tax returns
- Ensure GST reporting is compliant with local tax requirements.
- Manage customer and supplier arrangements, including appropriate settlements within payment terms
- Manage local banking relationships, including ensuring banking mandates and signatories are kept current
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Over 10 years’ experience in accounting, with minimum 5 years’ experience in a people managing or supervisory position.
- Know how on NZ financial and tax compliance.
- Previous experience in a service-oriented culture, including working with SLAs.
- Experience with working in a culture of continuous improvement would be an advantage.
- Previous ERP experience would be ideal.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.