- Sector: Finance
- Expiry Date: 25 April 2021
- Job Ref: J2908
Commercial Finance Analyst
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a person who thrives in a fast paced organisation. You have an inquisitive mind, always asking yourself why something is happening and what does that mean.
The role will be primarily based in London, working with the wider finance team and the Board to provide data analysis and insight. Commercial finance supports the key decision making within our business and this role is at the heart of it. The role will report to the Commercial Finance Manager responsible for budgeting and planning.
The role will focus on the Group forecasting and budgeting processes as well as other financial modelling. This is an opportunity for somebody with strong analytical skills to gain experience in commercial finance in a fast growing software company. There is significant scope to progress within the role and take on more responsibilities within the commercial team. We have a track record of empowering our team to develop and providing them with opportunities to grow their experience and skills.
- Ownership of monthly reporting tasks; preparing accurate management information packs and providing insightful commentary.
- Supporting on group forecasting and Budgeting process as well as other financial modelling; Developing a rolling forecast model to give visibility of quarterly performance
- Ensuring consistency of output / approach on modelling across Access (including M&A, business case investments)
- Developing and maintaining new MI and KPI packs
- Understanding the key metrics of the business and communicating these to stakeholders
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting for the Board and other stakeholders
- Working with Sales and Marketing functions to input into the forecasting process
As a well-rounded Analyst, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to spot trends, with good attention to detail
- Logical, with the ability to understand different drivers of key metrics and how these influence one another
- Ability to present information clearly with confidence in the numbers
- Strong organisational and communicational skills
- Good at solving problems
- Adaptable, flexible and able to work well under time pressure
- Fast learner who is able to pick up new concepts quickly
- You may have a financial or accountancy background, but this is not a requirement.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.