- Sector: Customer Success
- Expiry Date: 30 September 2023
- Job Ref: J9968
End User Compute (EUC) Lifecycle Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
We are the largest UK-based software house, with a truly global and rapidly expanding footprint. Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success. We’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and delivering an amazing customer experience.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 2 million users and over 60,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Reporting to our Head of Technical Services, our Tech Services Engineers are highly specialised personnel, with strong depth and breadth of skills across a number of technology domains.
In this role, you will work as part of a specialist team of IT professionals delivering a blend of proactive support for projects and service improvement initiatives, along with reactive support for highly complex IT incidents and service requests.
You will interact with other members of the Group IT team, Group Technology & Data Services (GTDS) and the wider Access organisation – across the globe - to deliver first-class results to our internal end users; this in turn, has indirect benefit for The Access Group’s external end users.
Key aspects of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for design, build, testing, deployment and specialist (L3) support of our End User Compute estate (~7,000 users, globally)
- EUC device imaging / staging: owning the persona-based corporate software build groups
- End-point device management tools, including Microsoft (MS), Autopilot, MS InTune, others (including the use of MS Azure toolsets)
- Managing Desktop Intune policies and application Packaging
- Responsible for design, build, testing, deployment and specialist (L3) support of our Microsoft Cloud 365 tenancy, including the M365 and O365 suite of applications, including (but not limited to) MS Teams (including Teams Live Events), MS Streams
- EUC estate comprises laptops and desktops (Windows 10, Windows 11, Apple Mac), tablets (Android and iOS), smart phones (Android and iOS)
- EUC device security: ensuring devices are hardened, to reduce risk of impact from accidental or malicious cyber attack / data loss
- Responsible for the EUC asset-lifecycle management process, ensuring our asset inventory is fully accurate and up to date, at all times
- This includes input to the choice of hardware makes & models, definition of the corporate device image, asset-management / inventory, secure build, secure disposal (ITAD), cost optimisation
- Responsible for the EUC Roadmap: driving our continual service improvement programme in this domain, including hardware and management-software innovation
- Providing design and implementation skills to projects and programmes and assisting with risk, issue and cost management
- Working closely with L1 and L2 Service Desk support agents, to provide subject matter expertise where appropriate
- Liaising with 3rd party specialists, as required
- Providing specialist 3rd line (L3) technical support expertise via our service centre ITSM platform covering a wide range of EUC device types (different makes and models, including Dell, HP, Lenovo, Apple, Samsung, others)
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement and automation, to eradicate and deflect incoming demand, to improve the end user experience, reduce disruption and improve Group IT team productivity
- Provide L3 maintenance and break-fix solutions within SLA’s
- Clear communication with all areas of the business
- Service notifications and service failure updates
- User training and ‘how to’ information and guidance (colleague ‘enablement’ / business change management)
- Workstations (desktops, laptops, tablets)
- Endpoint Device Management (e.g. InTune)
- M365 cloud management, including Office applications, One Drive, Sharepoint, Teams, other.
- Corporate software applications
- Fresh Service ITSM
- Network (LAN / WAN)
- MS Software solutions
- Mobile Phones / Smart Phones, including DEP & Samsung Knox
- Use our toolsets to automate existing, manual activities (scripting (inc. Powershell), RPA, )
- Apple device support (laptops, tablets, phones), including Apple Business Manager
- Active Directory Administration
- Windows 10/11
- MS Azure
Other Responsibilities include
- Preventative maintenance
- Supporting the IT Operations Vendor Manager (ITVOM) in implementing and operating Software Asset Management controls (SAM) across the business
- Assistance for sourcing and deploying new equipment
- Accurate Asset Management
- Knowledgebase Article creation
- Service Improvement Initiatives
- Regular (anonymised) feedback into our staff engagement platform, to help us make Access better every day!
CSFs and KPI’s
Your success in the role will be measured on the following criteria:
- Delivery of milestones against the Roadmap
- Exceptional customer service and stakeholder management skills in all circumstances
- High levels of communication with all areas of the business
- Fast and accurate troubleshooting of reported faults, meeting daily targets
- Accurate documentation and recording of actions in our service centre ITSM platform
- Achieving the required ticket response and resolution volumes and SLAs
- Accurate recording of all IT Asset additions and changes
- Accurate understanding and adherence to business processes
- Helping develop and enhance our policies and processes
- You will have been working in an EUC end-point management lifecycle role (or EUC administrator role) for 3+ years
- You will have a proven track record of delivering continual service improvement, aligned to a defined roadmap
- You will have a proven track record of delivering exceptional customer service
- Experienced in working with 3rd party vendors
- Experience in working as part of a project team to time, cost, and quality
- Supporting a multi-site IT infrastructure of at least 5,000 staff
- Experience of working in a small multifunction IT Team
- Working for a software house or IT company a distinct advantage
Qualifications in the following core areas:
- MS Administrator certified
- Formal ITIL Qualification
- CompTIA A+, Network +, Fundamentals
- University Degree
- Prince2 Project Management (foundation)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Training & Development
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday
Become part of our amazing Access family!