- Sector: Customer Success
- Expiry Date: 20 August 2021
- Job Ref: J3703
** Please note this role can be home based anywhere in the UK but will require occasional travel to the Loughborough office **
Paralegal - Escalation Management Team
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As a Paralegal you will be part of a team of Paralegals and Escalation Managers within our Customer Success organisation whose goal is to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty whilst mitigating risk to our business.
Your main role will be handling serious customer complaints and cases. You will be comfortable with communicating and negotiating with customers at a senior level and co-ordinating our internal resources to reach resolution.
You will need to gain an understanding of the software solutions that we offer in order to engage with customers and internal staff in a meaningful way. You will need to assess the demands of customers and also the commercial impact on our business. You will aim to deliver a solution that meets both needs and ideally moves the customer from a complainant to an advocate.
Typically, you will have a caseload of between 20 – 25 cases plus you’ll have interaction with colleagues and staff giving guidance on other cases.
Although the role is primarily home based there will be a requirement to travel to other Access offices.
Day-to-day, you will be:
- Interpreting business to business contracts for the provision of software and services;
- Discussing cases with team members by providing legal insight and supporting with reviewing and/or drafting letters.
- Responding to customer queries and complaints that have been escalated within the business by email, letter, and telephone using strong legal underpinnings, but with a fair and balanced tone;
- Triaging cases in order to identify those that can be dealt with elsewhere in the business;
- Engaging with customers to ascertain the detail of their issues, agreeing and documenting them;
- Planning and agreeing the resolution of issues. This involves co-ordinating resources across the business;
- Scheduling and monitoring agreed activities and providing updates to the customer;
- Liaising with colleagues and managers within Access to agree a strategy and approach to individual case management whilst being live to the investment of time and resources required to pursue a matter;
- Providing analysis of cases, root cause, and trends for reporting to the Access Board and heads of department on the legal and commercial merits of positions presented;
- Liaising closely with, Account Managers, Marketing, Developers, Product Managers, Admin, Consulting and Support staff;
- Advising colleagues within the business on how to deal with complaints and mitigate risk; and
- Any other reasonable duties as determined by the Company.
- A law degree or GDL and the LPC;
- The ability to remain professional and calm under pressure which will enable you to resolve the issue and exceed the customer’s expectations, whilst retaining a commercial awareness;
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to practically demonstrate evidential examples of how you have owned and managed issues or projects;
- Good IT literacy with the ability to work with a range of internal systems;
- The ability to write in a style and tone that is appropriate for the purpose of the communication;
- The confidence to engage with customers at senior level;
- The ability to learn and understand business processes and to relate that to the implemented Access Solution;
- Good organisational skills;
- Knowledge of contractual terms; and
- Ideally a track history of dealing with customer service issues.
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
As a well-rounded Paralegal your qualifications, skills and experiences are likely to include:
The role is home based with monthly travel to our offices in:
Loughborough, near Derby
Stratford St Mary, near Colchester, Essex
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
Become part of our amazing Access family!