- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 09 February 2023
- Job Ref: J7425
Development Squad Lead
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
About the Role:
As a team we are committed to using digital to help reduce health inequalities and connect communities. Whilst we’re always on the hunt for talented individuals to join our rapidly growing team, we’d be especially keen to speak to you if you’re driven by making a difference to hundreds of thousands of lives through technology, want to lead a team of other like-minded developers and ultimately be part of an award-winning health tech innovation company that’s leading the way in social prescribing software solutions.
What you can expect from the role:
The purpose of the job is to lead the Development team, ensuring that the adopted methodology is followed in addition to the associated ceremonies.
The role will also involve working closely with the Head of Dev and Product and the Product Team to ensure the software development roadmap is delivered, contributing to the delivery of the company’s overall objectives.
The Development Squad team lead will:
● Line manage the development team (to included contracted staff) and will carry out associated 1-1 meetings as per Access company policy
● Develop a system of KPIs where developers work can be given performance feedback.
● Ensure development team is cross-functional
● Design, oversee and lead the development team ceremonies
● Work closely with Head product on prioritisation i.e. assigning tickets, agreeing capacity
● Drive Development team priorities as part of the dev prioritisation
● Responsibility to be aware and unblock any issues that the dev team may be having
● Responsibility for feedback to Head of Dev/product on any issues or blockers that is arising in the monthly release that will have an impact
● Submit weekly report for Dev to be shared with SLT
● Attend training and development opportunities as required and taking responsibility for achieving set KPIs and own personal development
● Developing and updating development policies and procedures were appropriate
● Researching, designing, implementing and managing software
● Identifying areas for modification, subsequently developing these modifications
● Writing and implementing efficient code
● Determining operational practicality
● Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
● Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
● Provide estimates for development effort, track progress using JIRA
● Contribute to application improvement & optimization
● Any other duties deemed necessary in relation to the job
Working closely with the Head of Product and Development and leading a team of Engineers/Developers to deliver software that enhances Elemental’s platform. This role will involve;
- Relevant 3rd level qualification
- One years work experience in a development team lead role
- Professional object-oriented programming experience (preferably Java)
- Passion, Energy and Skill
- Experience with Agile development and JIRA
Working closely with the Head of product & Development and leadin a team of Engineers/Developers to deliver software that enhances Elemental’s platform. This role will involve;
- Understanding of version control systems such as GIT
- Self-motivated with clear structured high quality working standards
- Highly analytical thinking team player with good communication skills
- Passion for Digital Healthcare and the ‘Tech for Good’ movement.
- An interest in health innovation
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Working full remote
- Competitive salary
- Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
Become part of our amazing Access family!