- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 24 March 2023
- Job Ref: J8232
What are we all about?
- You will contribute to engineering processes within the team, whilst ensuring the team delivers projects, maintains technical and quality standards and is motivated and engaged.
- Quality and usability should be a first-class consideration, baked into the engineering process.
- The engineering team have a test-driven development methodology adopting agile best practice.
- Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and the quality of your output, and adaptable.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures dev standards are established, known, and followed within Scrum team.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Lead a small Agile team by hands-on example, driving technical excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the deliverables of the development team.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and direction to other members of the development team.
- Manage effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to upskill to achieve their potential.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise, and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach, and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple, and easy to read.
- You stay up to date with latest technology.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You can design source control structures, select, or modify toolchain and deployment processes, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
- Drives and implements change within the team to achieve Development and business objectives.
- You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.