- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 14 December 2023
- Job Ref: J9659
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic, skilled senior software engineer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes
- Analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality
- Able to communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approach, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience. Able to communicate and collaborate with other teams.
- Can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps and potential areas of confusion.
- Writes clear & self-documenting code, organises methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities. Good understanding of QA best practice, including impact of branch/merge approach on QA, role of source code management & environment/deployment management, requirements analysis and cost of defects.
- You proactively seek to coach, guide and advise junior team members; you strive to develop gaps in technical and soft skills; you demonstrate individual ownership and ownership of project and sprint deliverables within the team.
- Demonstrates good product knowledge and understands the value of any development.
- An understanding of Azure DevOps and Continuous Integration & Deployment or other DevOps tooling.
- Desirable - Knowledge of: Dapper / Entity Framework / SSDT / Azure Services including App Services, Functions, Cognitive Search & Virtual Machines / Microsoft Orleans / NPM / XUnit / Jest / Playwright.
- Able to follow pre-defined source control procedure, committing and merging code, dealing with conflicts. Able to perform some non-standard procedures in terms of source control.
As a well-rounded Software Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Good working knowledge of build and deployment steps of their core product. Able to troubleshoot a broken build / deployment, provide a post-mortem and suggest improvements going forward. Understanding holistic solution, bidirectional dependencies, and able to raise project related risks during development.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Eligibility for the sports activity pass (covered in the amount mentioned internally) as a taxable benefit in kind under applicable legal provisions and internal regulations.
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.