Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
This position is a for a Embedded Developer to be part of a growing development team. Reporting to the Team Lead, you will be influential in the design and enhancement of the Access Assure Home Hub, flagship telecare hub in our Health & Social Care division.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do. You are a strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team. You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given times lines and are comfortable in an agile scrum environment. You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic company. You will be expected to contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
• Design and develop software and hardware solutions to agreed requirements using a range of languages and technologies including Arduino IDE, C/C++, Python, FreeRTOS, Zigbee, Z-wave, BLE, Modem, VOIP, Wifi
• Experience in working with IoT devices
• Solid understanding of various microprocessors such as STM32s or Espressif ESP32
• Good understanding of core embedded design principles
• Knowledge of Embedded Systems and component datasheets
• Ability to understand electronic board schematics
• Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
• Develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies, provided that the solution was agreed with a more senior developer role
• Requirements review and refinement to identify and prevent potential defects
• Debugging: Analyse, identifies and fixes root cause of defects in the familiar area of an application
• Work with the project specific branching strategy, committing, merging and dealing with conflicts
• Deploy to environments using predefined build and deployment pipes, and use project specific development tools
• Collaborate with QA team and demonstrate increasing understanding of quality best practice
• Understands the business logic that applies in the worked area
• Continuously learn both development tools and technologies used in the worked project as well as other development tools and technologies
• Clearly report progress both verbally and in writing, keeping tracking systems up to date
As a well-rounded Embedded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• A passion for software and technology
• Quick learning capability, easily picking up new technical concepts
• High standard of written and spoken English
• Open and collaborative style
• Problem solver
• Creative and innovative
• Can commit to delivering and maintaining high standards
• Manage time efficiently and effectively
• Pragmatic, competitive and driven to continuous learning/improvement
• Development and deployment of Enterprise SaaS solutions.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!