- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 01 May 2021
- Job Ref: J3208
Editorial Assistant (DesignMyNight)
We’re looking for a passionate and creative Editorial Assistant to join the content team at DesignMyNight, the UK’s best hospitality discovery website.
You will be responsible for the creation and publishing of all kinds of content across our website, UK wide. You will be required to research and produce content on all aspects of nightlife, restaurants and experiences in our cities, write reviews, features and apply SEO strategies to build traffic and engagement.
As well as writing and publishing content, you will be editing and reviewing work produced by other team members and will be responsible for ensuring parts of the site are maintained and updated accurately over time.
About the company:
One of the UKs Top 50 Start-ups and Guardian Small Business Award Winner. DesignMyNight is the ultimate nightlife discovery tool allowing users to discover and book into the best bars, pubs and clubs and buy tickets to the hottest events in the UK.
DesignMyNight also offers two ground-breaking systems to the Industry: a booking & enquiry management software, Collins, and a Ticketing software. Recently acquired by The Access Group, which enables us to kick on to even greater heights!
Look out for the office dogs, office bar, regular press nights out, Perkbox employee reward scheme, free fruit, tea and coffee and beer pong Friday’s. We work hard and play hard so if you like the idea of that keep reading…
- Pitch content ideas that help DesignMyNight lead the charge for unique hospitality pieces that render results
- Search engine research and analysis of keywords to create traffic building opportunities for the site
- Work closely with our email marketing executive to get the best out of our content from a subscriber perspective
- Identify new content trends and come up with creative content marketing ideas
- Write weekly content pieces and regularly support the site with updates and changes
- Support three DesignMyNight cities with content growth and reporting
- Work closely with our CSM team to ensure that all content opportunities on DesignMyNight are highly convertible
- Online media, publishing/writing experience is essential
- Understanding and experience of SEO is desirable
- A strong writer with experience in feature writing
- Sub-editing skills are desirable
- A happy medium between organised and creative
- A proactive and results-driven person with a keen interest in content marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics is desirable
- Knowledge/experience of hospitality or the nightlife industry is desirable
- Flexible working hours, and of course, WFH during the pandemic.
- Regular team socials and team lunches, both within the content department and wider team (taco nights and cocktail catchups)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (33)
- A match contributory pension and healthcare
- Perkbox rewards scheme
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses-paid holiday to Spain
- Regular socials
- Office bar
- Tea, coffee, fruit on tap
- Cute office dogs