Back to Job Search
.NET Software Engineer
- Location: Timişoara
- Job Type:Permanent
Posted 7 days ago
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 14 April 2023
- Job Ref: J8224
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand our customers’ business needs - from professional services to manufacturing to not-for-profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of their industry and business challenges. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organizations thrive.
- You can communicate well with team members and stakeholders on deliverables and approaches, demonstrating the ability to communicate and listen appropriately depending on the audience.
- You write clear & self-documenting code and organize methods and classes appropriately. Able to refactor existing code to improve readability. Good understanding of technical and commercial drivers when making decisions on refactoring.
- You can provide comprehensive requirements feedback, highlighting omissions, gaps, and potential areas of confusion
- You can follow pre-defined source control procedures, committing and merge code, and deal with conflicts.
- You can efficiently prove the source of defects and demonstrate unit tests and integration testing for eventual pathways following the proposed fix.
- You play an active role in sprint planning and management, making recommendations regarding capacity, priorities, risks, or blockers.
- You have a good understanding of QA best practices.
- You can contribute to the setting up of a development environment, and you have a good working knowledge of build and deployment steps.
- You are aware of trending design patterns in the technologies you work in and can select the best design pattern for the job in hand, articulating to others why this has been chosen.
- You strive for success, are keen to learn and develop, are collaborative with a can-do attitude, and can build positive relationships.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed with acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions.
- Analyse, identify, and fix the root cause of defects, throughout the various layers of the application
- Identify, compartmentalize, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary
- Contribute to the management of an effective CI Pipeline and source control
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies, and basic risk management
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach
- Confident in the ability to design, write, and unit-test new code using C#, ASP.NET Web API, .NET Core, MSSQL, VS 2019 Professional.
- Confident in the ability to design & implement REST and SOAP services.
- Desirable - Knowledge of Continuous Integration & Deployment.
- Desirable - Knowledge of OWASP security principles and accessibility standards like WCAG.
- Desirable - Knowledge of Postman and frameworks like MVC, etc
As a well-rounded Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Demonstrable experience with the technologies used in the required product.
Work experience as a member of a scrum team or within an agile environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work-life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access, we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life, and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.