- Sector: Marketing
- Expiry Date: 14 July 2022
- Job Ref: J5704
Digital Content Writer
Are you an experienced digital writer and copywriter that thrives in a fast-paced, technology-driven workplace specialising in multi-channel marketing and SEO? If so, we want to talk to you!
Working at The Access Group
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life' has been central to our success and so we're looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
What are we all about?
At The Access Group we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over one million users and over 20,000 organisations rely on The Access Group software to help their organisation thrive.
What is the opportunity?
We’re looking for a Digital Content Writer to join the Access PaySuite division, which provides market-leading payments services and solutions to a wide range of businesses. More information can be found at accesspaysuite.com.
As a newly launched fintech within the payments sector, it’s an exciting time to join Access PaySuite! You’ll be getting stuck in straight away to help us build our authority as credible thought leaders and product experts in digital channels.
Your core objective will be to write high quality, engaging content that will drive relevant organic traffic and leads. You will also be responsible for researching, producing and updating content across other digital marketing channels, including social media and email, to help customers get all the information they need at every stage of their journey.
Working closely with our marketing and content teams, as well as SEO and digital specialists, you will help to deliver The Access Group’s search-first agenda and support the implementation of a customer-centric content strategy that ensures Access PaySuite is well positioned in the SERP landscape. This will require creating and optimising on-site content such as landing pages, blogs, case studies, inbound hubs and other resources with SEO team guidance. It will also require creating trending, industry relevant articles, videos, podcasts, guides and infographics to support wider business objectives to create demand, build awareness and generate sales opportunities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a big impact in a fast-growing division and organisation.
So if you enjoy writing, and have a strong interest in digital marketing and SEO best practice, this could be the role for you.
Typical daily duties of a digital content writer
- Research, and write web copy for Access PaySuite - using SEO best practice and optimisation techniques. Copy will include landing pages, blogs, resources, case studies and more.
- Optimise existing web content with a focus on driving traffic to the website from search results and mopping up demand.
- Work closely with the marketing team and digital teams (SEO, PPC, web leads and UX) to ensure all PaySuite content marketing initiatives and activities are aligned with the search-first agenda to drive growth in search engines.
- Collaborate with external agency teams to produce high quality content for digital PR and marketing campaigns.
- Work with the HoM and DPO to review data, understand and analyse audience segments to drive content creation and campaigns.
- Support the ideation and development of on-site search-first campaigns – thinking about content strategy, SEO optimisation and user journeys to drive traffic, engagement and leads.
- Identify and execute search-first content ideas to support PaySuite campaign messaging used in wider customer marketing programmes. Content could include blogs, video, podcasts, white papers, ebooks, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.
- Work closely with the internal data, design, product owners, and sales teams to utilise internal expertise and resource wherever possible when curating and creating content.
- Use external relationships to support thought leadership content and seek out external content opportunities to increase awareness of Access PaySuite.
- Support the execution of content plans for Access PaySuite - in line with seasonal trends, campaign activities, business strategy, new product acquisitions and site migrations.
- Work with the HoM to continually monitor and review performance of content vs targets - optimising content plans and testing, measuring, and learning to find new approaches to move the needle.
As an experience digital content writer, your skills and experience likely include:
- Proven experience in content marketing for an online business, preferably in finance or payments
- Strong knowledge and experience in copywriting for the web, with an understanding of organic web traffic performance metrics and connecting SEO data with content creation.
- Experience in SEO / search-first copywriting – with a foundational understanding of using SEO best practice to optimise content.
- Confident following detailed briefs for search-first copy creation.
- Excellent content author, editor and writer, with great attention to detail and a focus on quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Happy to collaborate with the SEO team and receive feedback on work.
- Editorial mindset with a strong understanding of digital customer journeys and experiences, and how to influence them.
- Comfortable tapping into audience needs, language and content preferences across different marketing channels.
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player.
- Excellent people skills to interact with staff, colleagues, customers and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
- A quick learner with the ability to manage multiple projects, hit deadlines and offer solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Solid understanding of web publishing requirements and experience in using a content management system (CMS).
- Proven experience working in project teams with multiple stakeholders, within multi-division and matrixed structures.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in finance or payments businesses, or SaaS business solutions
- BSc / BA degree in Marketing, Journalism or relevant field
What do you get working at The Access Group?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain