- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 04 December 2021
- Job Ref: J3733
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the position:
This position is for a DevOps engineer in the People Division, working on go-forward Human Capital Management strategic products.
You will be working within our Development team on projects to rearchitect our legacy products onto modern technology and to apply devops best practices to our solutions. You will be helping to implement and improve monitoring using Application Insights, AppDynamics and Zabbix.
You will have accountability for ensuring our solutions meet business requirements, align with technology and governance standards, and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
You will be a dynamic, enthusiastic engineer, with a passion for technology that drives you to produce high-quality solutions. You will have a working experience of Azure, Azure DevOps and migration from self-hosted or AWS to Azure. You will be self-motivated to complete assigned projects on time and provide documentation on any changes you implement.
You will be a contributor to the product development team, accepting suggestions and contributions from those around you. You will have worked in and be comfortable with an agile environment, enjoying a fast-paced and collaborative atmosphere.
- Migration of services from self-hosted / AWS to Azure
- Migrating Source Code from non-Git to Git
- Working knowledge of Git and Git workflows
- Migrating pipelines to Azure Devops
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Octopus and Azure DevOps
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of SQL / Azure databases and T-SQL
- Monitoring infrastructure (in Azure and private cloud) and applications (AppInsights, New Relic, AppDynamics, Zabbix)
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as a code (ARM template, Terraform)
- Working knowledge of DevOps best practices
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Working knowledge of containerisation - Docker and Kubernetes
- NoSQL (Cosmos DB / Influx DB)
- Transformational type project experience of Legacy On-premise solutions to Cloud applications.
- Configuration and monitoring DNS, IIS Servers, Load Balancer, Firewall, FTP severs, Email servers for high volume traffic
- Good knowledge of Cloud security and preventative solutions
- Professional Certifications (AZ-204, AZ-400)
As a well-rounded DevOps Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Problem solving
- Being creative and innovative
- A quick learning capability and ability to easily pick up new technical concepts
- A passion for software and technology
- A high standard of written and spoken English
- An open and collaborative working style
- Being committed to delivering and maintaining high standards
- Managing time efficiently and effectively
- Being pragmatic, competitive and driven
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on our promises! We take the development of our people very seriously and will work with you to carve out your success plan and provide an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain