- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 28 September 2023
- Job Ref: J9966
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
Access Vincere's hiring for DevOps Engineers to become an important part of our DevOps Infrastructure team and support our various products among Recruitment division of Access Group.
Working with multiple Recruitment products in 6 different regions in the world, your presence will play an important role to “make it happen” along with our company's motto “Communication, Automation, Domination”. You will take ownership of implementing and continuously improving the new development tools and solid infrastructure which boost the team and company advance to the world-class services.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Collaborate and improve CI/CD processes for our fast-growing SaaS business. We use distributed systems and microservices architecture
- Implement and improve our Cloud Infrastructure since we are heavy users of AWS using 30+ services
- Support and improve automation processes, using AWS CDK (Cloud Development Kit), Terraform and Python/TypeScript
- Support and improve Data Science Pipelines powered by Airflow
- Continuously evaluate and implement best practices for security, scalability
- Manage and ensure high availability and reliability by working on dashboards, alerting systems, reliability guidelines
- Facilitate fast resolution to incidents by implementing tools that help engineers to quickly detect bugs, find root causes, with an emphasis on enabling the engineers, not as the first line on call
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis
- Collaborate with development teams to optimize application performance and provide guidance on infrastructure requirements.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in DevOps and Cloud technologies
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Automation geek: you don't like to do the same task twice manually
- Strong background in Linux/ Unix Administration
- Strong Python skills and shell scripting experience are required
- Ability to manage time efficiently, working independently and on a team
- Ability to debug and analyze problems quickly
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and logging tools (Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, Glowroot, NewRelic etc.)
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including microservices architecture, application security, monitoring and storage systems
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP stack, internet routing and load balancing
- Working knowledge with Kubernetes (K8s)/Helm in production
- Strong background in Cloud Computing (AWS preferred) and good understanding of large-scale AWS security architecture
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code IaC tools, Ansible, CloudFormation, Cloud Development Kit, Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD Cloud Native tools (GitLab CI/CD, AzureDevOps, ArgoCD etc.)
- Having knowledge of GitOps
- Experience in Kafka, NewRelic is a big plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills, multitask and attention to detail
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proactive and resilient, ability to learn quickly and apply new skills effectively
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.