- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 30 June 2022
- Job Ref: J6184
Development Tools Administrator
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
As part of the Product Development PMO Team, reporting to the Director, Portfolio Management, you will be responsible for administering the development tools used throughout Access Product Development.
Working closely with our development teams and stakeholders, you will ensure that our development tools are deployed, configured, and managed optimally to meet their needs.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support application developers in the utilization of the tools
- Offer both technical and process solutions to address requirements, evaluate alternate solutions, and perform analysis to determine technical courses of action
- Manage licences for all development tools, tracking licence costs and purchases
- Manage users, adding new users, removing leavers, managing permissions, and ensuring efficient use of licences
- Configure changes and improvements
- Manage tool integrations
- Maintain development tool documentation
- Provide end user coaching, training, and support
- Be the coordination point for onboarding new acquisitions to the development tools, supporting migrations to the core set of development tools
- Liaise with teams and be a point of contact and expertise
- Coordinate development tool upgrades, maintenance, and performance tuning/scaling
- Coordinate the installation of add-ons, plugins, and extensions along with their management and administration
- Regularly Meet with the AIG and stakeholders to identify Development Tool improvements and implement them
- Determine ways to optimize and improve Development Tool setup and process workflows and identify where functionality can or cannot meet user needs
- Troubleshoot, remediate, and resolve Development Tool issues reported by users
- As part of the PMO team support and assist with PMO activities
As a well-rounded Development Tools Administrator your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experience managing enterprise software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Azure DevOps (VSTS / TFS) Boards
- Experience of software development and/or large-scale software development projects
- Comfortable and experienced working in a technical environment
- Be agile and perform effectively in multi-tasking fast-paced environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills
- Self-managing and working virtually
- Attention to detail
- Excellent team player who can work with virtual, global, and cross-functional teams
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!