- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 16 January 2021
- Job Ref: J2503
Development Team Lead
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- An exciting role within the ERP divisions leading a team working on one of our core SaaS products. You will be accountable for the roadmap, technical and quality deliverables of this team of 9 (6 direct reports).
- You will contribute to hands on coding and engineering processes within the team, whilst ensuring the team delivers projects, maintains technical and quality standards and is motivated and engaged.
- Quality and usability should be a first class consideration, baked into the engineering process.
- The product is SaaS, multi-tenanted application and the technology stack includes: SQL Server; C#.Net; TypeScript, JQuery, CSS, HTML, React, TAG components; and an internal RAD framework called Lightning.
- Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and the quality of your output, and adaptable.
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Lead a small Agile team by hands-on example, driving technical excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the deliverables of the development team
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Manage effective source control, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to upskill to achieve their potential.
- You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
- You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
- You actively promote and show ownership of Quality centred activities.
- You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand overall project picture and makes decisions/recommendations according to these in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
- You can design source control structures, select or modify toolchain and deployment processes, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
- Drives and implements change within the team to achieve Development and business objectives.
- You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
As a well-rounded Development Team Lead, you will:
- Demonstrate experience working on several projects and technologies, have experience building and designing a CI/CD solution and integrating solutions.
- Have proven abilities organising a development team(s) for success, building team relationships and guiding the approach.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
Become part of our amazing Access family!