Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• You enjoy the challenge of maturing teams towards self-management. You are keen to apply your expertise in technical solutions and enable your team to get valuable work to ‘done’.
• You’re an accomplished Full Stack developer with some leadership experience, and a background of building high quality software. You are proficient with Microsoft technologies and have a strong understanding of cloud tech.
• You coach the team to use modern techniques, patterns and practises to build accessible, scalable and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time. APIs must maintain appropriate backwards compatibility through agreeing and managing contracts, and will often be consumed by 3rd parties.
• You take pride in your work and that of your team, to ensure that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
• You coordinate and plan development/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
• You work closely with your peers to ensure cross-team and cross-division activities are performed cohesively and efficiently, delivering the desired results for the business.
• You display ownership, responsibility and sound decision-making.
• You have a solid understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
• You have experience of fully automated deployments or products and managing their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
• You test your own work and instil a quality first mentality in your team to ensure we maintain our high standards.
• You are commercially aware, and work closely with the product team and stakeholders to ensure that everything we do is commercially appropriate.
• Contribute to the strategic development of the Access LMS through your leadership of an Agile team, whilst working collaboratively with your peers to ensure a ‘joined up approach’ is consistently taken.
• Lead by hands-on example, driving both technical excellence and high individual/team performance throughout the development process.
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to the team, whilst ultimately taking accountability for their deliverables.
• Ensure software is designed and built to a high standard, according to the team’s Definition of Done. Inspect and adapt that Definition of Done with your team.
• Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, and make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
• Help ensure all developers within the team understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
• Champion technical debt and its priority within the roadmap. Work with product representatives to ensure technical requirements are well understood, and expressed in terms of business value.
• Adhere and contribute to department coding standards and suggest improvements to them.
• Code review other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards
• Drive the development of processes and improvements.
• Ensure the team creates the appropriate technical documentation where required, both for internal and external consumption.
• Report to Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
• Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, including on best practice and approaches, and the continuous improvement of these.
• Manage career and skills development, performance, holidays and workloads of your team.
• Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Development Team Lead working on our SaaS Platform, your technical skills and experiences likely include:
• Technology & Tools:
• ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
• Visual Studio
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
• T-SQL - Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
• Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
• Git-based Source Control
• Worked in a SaaS software business
• CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
• Web Components
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain