Back to Job Search
- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 30 June 2022
- Job Ref: J5188
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
• You will contribute to hands-on coding and engineering processes within the team, whilst ensuring the team delivers projects, maintains technical and quality standards and is motivated and engaged.
• Quality and usability should be a first-class consideration, baked into the engineering process.
• Strong understanding of modern cloud software architectural principles.
• Great ability to engage people and work with colleagues inside and outside the team to achieve required goals, remove obstacles and mitigate bottlenecks.
• Key characteristics for this role: enthusiastic, solutions-focussed, pro-active, loves a challenge, pride in your codebase and product, and the quality of your output, and adaptable.
• Work with the team to design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensures dev standards are established, known and followed within the team.
• Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
• Implement a transformation to Agile delivery practises.
• Leading a team by hands-on example, driving technical excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the deliverables of the development team
• Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
• Manage source control (Git) efficiently and effectively, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
• Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test your own work and that of others to ensure quality.
• You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to up-skill to achieve their potential.
• You are collaborative and pragmatic. You can communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives. You demonstrate self-awareness and ability to adapt message according to audience to achieve positive results.
• You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. You stay up to date with latest technology.
• You actively promote and show ownership of Quality-centred activities.
• You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand the overall project picture and make decisions/recommendations in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously.
• You can design source control structures, select or modify toolchain and deployment processes for efficient operation of the team, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
• Drives and implements change within the team to achieve development and business objectives.
• You demonstrate role model behaviours, remain optimistic and committed in the face of challenges and can adapt and flex with changing priorities.
As a well-rounded Development Team Lead, your skills and experiences likely include:
• Demonstrate experience working on several projects and technologies, have experience building and designing a CI/CD solution and integrating solutions through creating and consuming APIs.
• Proven abilities organising a development team(s) for success, building team relationships and guiding the approach.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.