- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 07 July 2022
- Job Ref: J5312
Development Team Lead - Product Development and Management
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us achieve 2 million users of the Access Workspace platform.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You can motivate and lead teams, driving career development and high performance, and supporting them to up-skill to achieve their potential. You can communicate with, advise and guide all stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, technical approach and strategic objectives. You write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named, simple and easy to read. You actively promote and show ownership of Quality-centered activities. You can co-ordinate, plan and manage Dev sprint/release activities. You take responsibility for the entire project, can identify risks early, understand the overall project picture and make decisions/recommendations in order to achieve successful delivery of deliverables autonomously. You can design source control structures, select or modify toolchain and deployment processes for efficient operation of the team, and are aware of design patterns in the technologies you work in.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work with the team to design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within the team.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Implement a transformation to Agile delivery practices.
- Lead a team by hands-on example, driving technical excellence throughout the development process, and taking accountability for the deliverables of the development team.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team.
- Manage source control efficiently and effectively, ensuring isolation and ability to manage multiple branches.
- Actively promote a quality focused approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA team.
- Prepared to test your own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded [role}, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Demonstrate experience working on several projects and technologies.
- Experience building and designing a CI/CD solution and integrating solutions through creating and consuming APIs.
- Proven abilities organising a development team(s) for success, building team relationships and guiding the approach
- Strong understanding of modern cloud software architectural principles.
- Great ability to engage people and work with colleagues inside and outside the team to achieve required goals, remove obstacles and mitigate bottlenecks.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
Become part of our amazing Access family!
At Access we're all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life because we believe people can only be at their best when they can be themselves, love what they do and do what they love.
We love the fact that we’re all different. Having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us support our customers, and when you think about it, it's just more fun. So, no matter what makes you individual, as long as you’re qualified, we can’t wait for your application.