- Sector: Product Development
- Expiry Date: 13 March 2021
- Job Ref: J2894
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 40,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- An exciting opportunity for a seasoned software Development Manager to join the Access Groups Product Development function.
- Accountable for the strategic technical roadmap for the products, working with other teams to negotiate and influence product roadmaps to ensure continued success of the product.
- Managing and partnering with a large offshore development team, working with UK /Romania based devops team, managing UK development teams.
- Great people leader, able to ensure that the remote teams feel part of The Access Group, remaining loyal and engaged. This will include ensuring teams have the skills and behaviours to achieve their goals, coaching squad leaders and developing performance and talent.
- Manage resourcing and capacity against multiple concurrent workstreams, ensuring considerations for code management, quality activities and customer commitments are included.
- Create the project plan/forecast for project delivery against agreed scope and provides regular, transparent progress reports to the Divisional Head of Development, Programme Management and Divisional Management Team.
- Lead & drive the software development team(s) to deliver their commitments on the project, highlighting any impediments/impairments in good time and forming resolution plans to bring projects back in line.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, QA Leads and Divisional Head of Development to ensure alignment and delivery of collaborative projects (such as integration).
- Lead, motivate, develop and manages the performance of the team to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s needs.
- Use programming experience to provide technical guidance, clear thinking and commercially and pragmatic decision-making; leading & mentoring developers to make better decisions & credible delivery plans.
- You demonstrate motivational leadership and drives high performance teams, ensuring they are equipped to achieve success within their roles. Uses process, tooling and engagement techniques to get the best from teams.
- You are an excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible, pragmatic & consultative approach. Can deliver challenging messages in a positive and pragmatic approach.
- You have a strong tactical delivery and planning focus, able to lead agile development teams and projects to the successful delivery of requirements.
- You have a good understanding of various technologies, data structures, development best practice and Object-Oriented Design principles and their application to problem solving, with a background in .NET development.
- You use metrics, analysis and engagement feedback to understand and improve operational efficiency. You pro-actively identify areas for improvement for the team(s) and prioritise according to risk and commercial factors.
- You are able to guide development teams by asking right questions that helps them better understand the problem they need to solve.
- You can make and own hard decisions when it’s the right thing to do, showing courage and calmness in challenging circumstances.
- You demonstrate pragmatism and a high level of flexibility.
As a well-rounded Development Manager, you will:
- Have experience of leading a technical team, with evidence of consistent successful delivery.
- Have demonstrable experience working on several projects and technologies including building and designing a CI/CD solution, migrations of applications to services to cloud.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a team to deliver complex high quality software development projects, to bring commercial value
- Have demonstrable experience managing offshore development teams and partners, including commercial experience associated to this.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain