Back to job search
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Actively contributes to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and takes responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes
• Communicates and Collaborates with stakeholders on deliverables and approach
• Good understanding of industry software development standards
• Continuous development of processes and improvements
• Ability to deploy to environments, and contribute to management and automation of deployments
• Contribute to Environment management
• Good understanding of Merge/Branch best practice, and ability to troubleshoot issues
• Able to identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary
• Able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application
• Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done
• Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions
• Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branch, environment and code base management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit testing where appropriate; and collaboration with the QA team.
• Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
• Ability/willingness to test your own work and that of others to ensure quality.
• Creation of technical documentation where required
As a well-rounded Omnis Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Strong experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment
• Consistently produce clean, maintainable, efficient code
• Good debugging skills: methodical, logical, making no assumptions
• Able to break problems into multiple areas of focus, writing clean, self-documenting code
• Experience programming applications using SQL Server (TSQL)
• Experience programming applications using Omnis
• Excellent communication skills
• Good understanding of Risk and how to manage it
• Good decision-making skills
• Great team player
• Pro-active approach, taking ownership for team’s deliverables
• Approachable, pragmatic, positive, enthusiastic, open, collaborative, self-motivated, assertive and commercially aware
• Good time management
• Willingness to occasionally travel to other offices on occasion to liaise with other teams
• Willingness to occasionally work out of hours to deliver software releases
• Undertake any other ad-hoc duties
‘Register your CV with us today for our future hires, please note this isn't a live vacancy.’
7 months ago