Back to Job Search
- Sector: Product & Engineering
- Expiry Date: 28 October 2022
- Job Ref: J5715
Full Stack Developer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
One of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. We help more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Our innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
This position is for a C# .NET Full stack Developer to be part of an existing team.
You will have accountability for ensuring our software meets business requirements and aligns with technology and governance standards and ensure delivery of on-time, quality solutions.
- You are a dynamic, skilled developer with a passion for technology and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You are strong team player who thrives on close collaboration with your colleagues and takes shared ownership of the development pipeline along with the team.
- You are focused on delivering high quality solutions to given timelines and are comfortable in an Agile Scrum environment, where colleagues often work in different locations and with small time zone differences.
- You are constantly seeking to improve both your own skills and the skills of others and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic company. You will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team, contribute to planning sessions and architect technical solutions as well as guide the technical evolution of products.
- Will use modern techniques to build accessible, scalable, and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time.
- Will demonstrate the ability to contribute and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
- Will display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making to achieve project deliverables.
- Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain and also improve our high quality standards.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Where required, provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
- Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and understand scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders on deliverables and approach.
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
- Identify, compartmentalise, and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary.
- Be able to analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Understand, identify and adhere to our preferred design patterns, coding standards and definition of done.
- Help ensure agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed, including estimation/planning, Scrum activities, release and project management.
- Champion a quality focussed approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews and unit testing where appropriate. Ensure the appropriate logging and monitoring mechanisms are in place, and effective.
- Report to Team Lead and Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Creation of technical documentation where required.
- Work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Full Stack .NET Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
Technologies & Tools:
- C# ASP.NET Core
- Web API, Dapper, Async/Await, Dependency Injection, Nuget
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc…
- T-SQL – Writing performant T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Visual Studio 2022
- Git-based Source Control
- Desirable Experience:
- Redgate Tools
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
- Automated Testing Frameworks & Tools
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
- Tools such as Teamcity/Octopus Deploy/Azure DevOps Pipelines
- APM Frameworks – e.g. NewRelic / AppDynamics
- Internet Information Services (IIS)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Working full remote
• Competitive salary
• Great Holliday Package ( starting form 25 )
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance